The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A few questions

Marthelos

First off, apologies if this is on the wrong forum. This is my first thread on the forums but not my first post, as some of you may have seen.

I've been playing Warframe since yesterday and I've already logged quite a few hours. It's a truly awesome game with the capacity to become something good (if they fix those pesky Platinum issues :p). But I have a few questions, collated from my own experiences and disparate threads that people have made that haven't been fully answered.

A: Can someone definitively tell me what are the rewards for the 'challenges' that appear in missions? For instance 'Rifleman: Get 30 kills with a rifle' has come up, I've completed it, and received a letter A for my trouble. And also, how do I display that challenge again? If I happen to be taking a drink or looking away at the point that challenge is displayed, I have no idea what my challenge is for that mission.

B: When you are ranking up your warframe, what is the purpose of the 'Boost' abilities? I'm aware that for my frame (Excalibur) ranking up Slash Dash gives me the Slash Dash ability. But what is the benefit provided by Slash Dash Boost? Could this be better explained in a tooltip, because the tooltip I get for the Boost version is identical to the base version.

C: Is it true, as I've seen in a thread, that Affinity drops (from crates etc) count towards all your weapon xp? And are Affinity rewards shared among players in a group in the same way that credits are?

D: A slight suggestion, this one: The super jump ability for the Excalibur. I think the energy usage on it is unnecessary, as I have as yet found no way to use it in combat for purposes other than jumping onto a platform that I would otherwise have had to cling to and climb onto, for cover uses. I tend to use it when moving back from a keycard retrieval or running for an objective, simply for aesthetic purposes (super energy jumps are cool) or to jump onto a raised dais that I would otherwise have had to take the stairs for. To that end, could the energy usage not be removed and a cooldown simply put on it instead, seeing as I don't really want to waste my energy on an ability that has no combat usage?

E: A final point: can someone explain to me what, if any, scaling is on the single player and co-op experiences with regards to both enemy difficulty and rewards? I played this initially with a friend after he found a link to it and we both downloaded it, and we blitzed through Mercury without dying and our first death was a few levels into Venus. However, when I went back to Solo and tried to complete the next level I got mercilessly panned by Infested. So I decided to farm Captain Vor, thinking that a 2-4 challenge would be easy. Imagine my surprise when I also got panned by Captain Vor and his henchmen. What are the differences in enemy stats, drop rewards between single player and multiplayer?

Again, apologies if any of this is a rehash or in the wrong thread.

Edit: Thought of another one

F: Are there plans for a trading system to be added to the game? When I was playing with my friend he got a 'Cronus' blueprint for a sword, and as I was playing the Excalibur and running around slashing stuff to death and he was playing a Loki and gunning things down, I was naturally mildly annoyed, especially as he had (and still has) no plans to make it and no way to trade it. It would be nice (considering I play with him a lot) to be able to give him my Rifle mods and receive Warframe/Melee mods in return. And just for my own curiosity, I later got the Cronus blueprint - is it worth making compared to my current melee weapon (FURAX 6).

Edited by Marthelos

A : 500 affinity (XP) for your frame and currently equipped weapon.

B : these are not clearly displayed. For example for slash dash it greatly increases the range and damage.

C : Yep. But you got to get it yourself.

D : Super jump is good as it is imo, a few days from now it cost 75 energy ;) Once you'll have the energy siphon artifact you'll spam it, and for the moment it's really useful to escape combat/get very fast to some places. Since your most powerful/useful power is slash dash and costs 25, you can spam super jump without remorse.

E : Not sure about this one, I'll let someone else answer.

F : Cronus is a good starting melee weapon, but if you already have FURAX I'd stay with those gauntlets of death if I were (though cronus is very cheap to craft). A trading system would be awesome indeed.

Thanks for replying - but for A: do you know of a way to display your current challenges in a mission? And for C: do you mean that in a co-op mission, Affinity from crates is NOT shared amongst players? If so, damn. That to me will just increase the number of people scavenging in online play rather than actually shooting the enemies :(

Also, by 'currently equipped weapon' do you mean ALL currently equipped weapons, or the weapon you use to destroy the crate or whatever? Because I generally don't waste ammo on crates, I just falcon-furax them to death.

Edited by Marthelos