The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity Should Increase Stats Of Weapons And Warframes.

(PSN)Guerrilian

People want this and that 'nerfed'. While I understand the word has evolved from the source, it reminded me of the NERF blaster I had bought myself around the holidays, which reminded me of the NERF toys I had when I was younger.

You know what happens when you use blaster long enough? You learn how to reload it faster. You learn how to keep it aimed straight. You learn to pick it up and put it away without messing up your hold or your shelf.

These are things none of the Tenno seem to grasp, no matter how many hours they spend with their guns. I'm not a gun owner or enthusiast and don't know what the safety feature even looks like on a real gun, but I am pretty sure the Tenno would learn how to reload, holster, and pull the trigger on their guns faster after using for several missions.

Melee weapons should also have an increase in holstering and swing speed until you hit level 30.

Warframes...The stats that do increase with affinity are less justifiable than things like stamina and maneuver speed.

Given the variety of mods available, that system would defeat the purpose of several mods and just widen the desparity between low level and high level gear. Maybe the system needs to be fixed, maybe it doesn't, but a strict rpg-esque level up bonus, I think, is not the way to do it, sorry.

Given the variety of mods available, that system would defeat the purpose of several mods and just widen the desparity between low level and high level gear. Maybe the system needs to be fixed, maybe it doesn't, but a strict rpg-esque level up bonus, I think, is not the way to do it, sorry.

The lack of places to put mods defeats the purpose of most mods on an even more basic level. Sure, they can have more mod slots.  Heck, I think they need more mod slots. But a more immediate solution, with less variables to juggle, would be to just have actual skills (no matter how much I use my nerf gun, it won't shoot incendiary darts by getting used to it.) increase with affinity. It may sound like strict rpg-esque design to you, but it sounds like realistic progression to me.

A dash a realism seems to clash with the Tenno, AKA Space Ninjas with Space Magic, but in this case it would actually be more fun. And isn't entertainment the whole point of diverging from realism?

Is the mod system perfect? I dont it is but it works better then an affinity system that would have unlimited stat increase in certain things like reloading because your system would increase the gap between newer and older players with better weapons to a larger degree then players with just better mods.

Edited by gamefreak9149

Is the mod system perfect? I dont it is but it works better then an affinity system that would have unlimited stat increase in certain things like reloading because your system would increase the gap between newer and older players with better weapons to a larger degree then players with just better mods.

Gap between players? Is that a problem? I don't think so, not when you earned it by infesting time. Also, things would not increase infinitely. Just to level 30.

I honestly agree. When the mod system was changed I was with the people saying we should be getting some kind of small buff to our weapons and warframes to make up for the difference between a level 30 unmodded weapon in the old system and a level 30 unmodded weapon in the new system. We got warframes to get some bonuses on level, and I do think that weapons should also be getting some bonuses from levels.

Due to the sheer number of stats on a gun though it can be made such that a level 30 gun has a lot of little bonuses to various stats rather than the 3 "10s" of a warframe's bonuses, so as not to immediately invalidate certain mods.