Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions - [Infestation] Game Mode & Infested

JohnMarkLee

Scavenge

This is sort of a DayZ-like game mode. However its not really... So here is a brief summary: 

- Large open, but not so open, Map

- Out Post in the middle of the Map

- Friendlies defending & guarding the outpost

- Ammo, Energy, Health & Resources scattered throughout the map

- Infested wandering the map

- Survivors outside the outpost

Now that thats over with let me explain this game mode. Every 10 minutes will be 1 in-game day. At the end of each day the cell can choose to be extracted and leave the mission successfully. Their objective is to hold out for how long they can. If the outpost gets overrun or the cell dies. They fail the mission. Now the outpost will have 1 ally Leader (Ice Leader, Life Steal etc...) and 9 other ally infantry defending this outpost in the center of the map. The area outside the outpost will be known as "No Man's Land". They will not leave the outpost for any reason. Every (3-7 minutes) so often a horde of infestation will raid the outpost. There will be a limited amount of supplies (ammo, energy, health etc...) for not only your cell but the ally too. If the ally run out of ammo they will be forced to use their melee. Now to gain more supplies you can go "scavenge" "No Man's Land". Exploring the abandoned rooms and places to look for supplies. Some supplies will be found in a bag. Containing a lot of supplies you can bring back to the outpost to resupply you and your allies. There will be infested roaming the map for their next victims. Obviously if they don't see you, you could easily stealth kill them. Some will be alone... Others maybe in groups. However alerting one may cause your cell to face off against a whole horde. Drops from killing the enemy will be decreased in this by mode by 25%. (Energy drops by 10%) You can also find survivors outside the outpost in "No Man's Land". These survivors can be brought back to the outpost for rescue and they will be added to the defending team. rescuing them will make them reward you with a mod or a resource. However in doing so that survivor may have a 10% chance of being infected with the virus. Attacking the outpost from within. 

What do you guys think of my game mode suggestion?

New Infested Types:

I find a lack of infestation types so I think I would come up with some of my own:

- Leaper: No change really except making them actually look like they are leaping and new look. They look more like they are teleporting than leaping. I also think they should have a better look. Looks like a grey runner.

- Runner: Currently its called the charger but I think the name should be changed.

- Bloater: This name makes more sense for the current Runner. Sense it is a kamikaze.

- Ancients: No change they are great!

- Cyber Brain: A jelly-like creature crawling around the floor. It looks for Robotic victims to take control of. When it jumps on a MOA, it will control it and attack you. It runs away from organic beings..

- Crawler: Same as current but with the ability to leap on your warframe's head or a ally and exploding. Leaving behind goo blinding your screen for 5 seconds.

- Ex-Tenno: Former Tenno infected with the virus. They stealth attack you from the walls or ceiling. Uses free running and has the ability to use weapons. (No does not use Warframe abilities)

What do you think of my infested types idea?

To Balance:

- 4 Lvl 1-10 Waframes = Lvl 1-15 Infested

- 2 Lvl 1-10 & 2 Lvl 10-20 Warframes = Lvl 15-25 Infested

- 4 Lvl 10-20 Warframes = Lvl 20-30 Infested

- 2 Lvl 1-20 & Lvl 20-30 Warframes = Lvl 25-35 Infested

- 4 Lvl Lvl 20-30 Warframes = Lvl 35-45 Infested

Edited by JohnMarkLee

how would you go about balancing it? level 30 end game rofl stomping could occur in clans, what would be the max wave limit/would the final wave be a boss like the g3 only tougher and less able to be one shotted. how would you make it so all skill levels could play equally, etc etc.

how would you go about balancing it? level 30 end game rofl stomping could occur in clans, what would be the max wave limit/would the final wave be a boss like the g3 only tougher and less able to be one shotted. how would you make it so all skill levels could play equally, etc etc.

U make a great point. Let me think on that.