Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Can Someone Please Tell Me Why?

-CM-Sean

That's incorrect. You can have high frame time and still have high fps. If the frame time goes up so does gpu load, thus no fps drop. However if your gpu isn't up to par it won't handle the load warframe is asking for, THEN you'll have frame drop.

This is exactly my case and the thing I tried to explain in my bumptopic.

I see in my fps counter the following: 20 ~60+ fps and 2 ~ 20 frame time = WF runs smoothly. 

This is what it did a few patches ago.

But I also see: 20~60+ fps and 20~30 frame time = WF seems to run rough, laggy and generally feeling like the indicated fps is much lower.

And this is recently happening on more and more tilesets randomly.

This is exactly my case and the thing I tried to explain in my bumptopic.

I see in my fps counter the following: 20 ~60+ fps and 2 ~ 20 frame time = WF runs smoothly. 

This is what it did a few patches ago.

But I also see: 20~60+ fps and 20~30 frame time = WF seems to run rough, laggy and generally feeling like the indicated fps is much lower.

And this is recently happening on more and more tilesets randomly.

Also unparking cpu's like someone said has no effect on gpu load. It will give you a small fps boost because the cores are always active so you don't have to wait for them to wake. Certain tilesets are badly optimized, especially earth.

Monitor the gpu & cpu load in-game when you start getting fps drops. Also post your dxdiag. To see if it's your pc thats the issue please run Novabench on all tests and tell me each component score and total score, also what RAM (size, make), CPU & GPU you have. Also undo any overclocking you've done on the gpu ( some games just don't like) If there's no change then revert back to OC.

Edited by trowiegamingonpc

That's incorrect. You can have high frame time and still have high fps. If the frame time goes up so does gpu load, thus no fps drop. However if your gpu isn't up to par it won't handle the load warframe is asking for, THEN you'll have frame drop.

That's assuming your not already running near max GPU load or your card is running in a lower performance profile.  Frame time still a good way to help narrow down your performance bottleneck.

Turn off your 64 bit and Dx11 in your launch options

And make sure the AA isn't on because it causes tons of problems. AND make sure your graphics card (mainly Nvidia ones) hasn't preset the options for you on this game.

turning off 64bit and dx11 can cause worse performance, it does for me. I get 30-40 frames less than 64bit dx11.

That's assuming your not already running near max GPU load or your card is running in a lower performance profile.  Frame time still a good way to help narrow down your performance bottleneck.

thats why i said to monitor cpu/gpu load. if your gpu/cpu is under load and you still get drops then you cant do nothing but wait for DE to optimize the game better on most tilesets nowadays.