The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Puncture As A Warframe Ability.

kengiczar

So..Not sure where this belongs or if it's been posted so...if this is wrong please don't ban me...

So, give a frame an ability (first or second ability) that temporarily grants:

.5 meter at rank 0

.75 meter at rank 1

1.0 mters at rank 2

1.5 meters at rank 3

Which can be modified with mods such as Intensify and helms that modify power strength.

With duration of:

6 seconds at rank 0

7 seconds at rank 1

8 seconds at rank 2

9 seconds at rank 3

Which can be modified with mods such as Continuity and helms as well.

And cost of either 25 or 50.  This is where things get tricky...being able to constantly have this on for 6 or 7 energy every half minute would be ridiculous so i'm leaning towards 50.  On the other hand 50 energy for this would seem very bad for new players.  Perhaps it's cost should grow with it's rank?  

25 Energy at rank 0

35 Energy at rank 1

45 Energy at rank 2

50 Energy at rank 3

Now before you say "no way hose" stop and think about how well this matches most other Warframes first or second abilities.   Generally speaking, most frames do not spam their Number 1 abilities yet these abilities are handy at times and have unique uses. 

Mag has Crowd Control

Trinity has Life Drain

Rhino has Travel

Frost has Single Target CC

Valkyr has Mobility

Loki has Decoy

None of these are typically spammed but are all usefull.  So wouldn't having the ability to add a little puncture go a long way for those users who prefer rapid firing weapons?  I don't think this would make players think "Oh I have to have this frame/power" either since Ogris is one of the top damage weapons but people don't only run Trinity to use it.

And thinking further ahead....it's only natural that some frames will be more suited for melee in melee 2.0 (Looking at Trinity with no knockdown, Zephyr with what is essentially block all bullets, Loki / Ash with stealth, Rhino)  so a frame with this ability would be sort of the flip side to those.  This ability would increase bullet value but only when it's relevant.

And for those who argue we already have puncture mods and that this is a waste of time: 

Firstly, i'm not saying they should do it now...it's just a suggestion for the future to use as a small part of a new warframe. 

Secondly, we all know there are puncture mods for your weapons but the problem for rifle users is this scenario may only happen a few times a mission meaning putting on a puncture mod would be a waste of DPS for the majority of the mission.  Because of this a large amount of players do not wish to use these mods.  When the situation arises that we should use them and don't have them we have to either waste bullets or burst fire.  For some weapons (Furis / Grakata) this can be difficult and terribly slow.