The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Living In A Wormhole In Eve Online.

Kraosdada

I haven't played that game in years, but I think it used to be possible... IIRC, you needed a POS (maybe more) for that, good company, and a healthy dose of badassitude.

EDIT: That game was some serious fun... subscription systems suck big donkey &#! though. I wonder how much it has changed.

Edited by Guest

there's PLEX, Which allows you to play without paying for a month. you can have a lot of them. they cost like 500m ISK.

That idea is what tempted me to start playing. I thought I could eventually play for free. Then I realized those PLEX have to come from somewhere, and that somewhere is players paying for their gear. Also, 500m ISK was more than I could make in a month playing the way I liked to. With the prospect of either paying out the arse or playing my arse off in unfun ways, I stopped playing.

i heard you can fuel POSes with Planetary Interaction items.

Exactly. IIRC, planets in wormhole space had a rather high resource ratio. I actually built several planetary bases and almost got to making a full production chain capable of sustaining a POS. However, there were rumours of the upcoming game by CCP, which would be tied to EVE, introducing planetary invasion and destruction of bases. Added to the above, I said "hell with this game" and went on to greener pastures. I spent too much time planning, making spreadsheets, and maintaining my bases than having actual fun. Besides, having to give orders for an AI to carry out instead of directly playing was never my kind of thing, even playing the market was better than watching the game play itself.

Eh, to each their own.

DUST 514? aw c'mon, it would be VERY unlikely that someone will invade a planet in W-Space, as far as i know this has never happened. even if planet invasions are possible, they would only happen in Nullsec, the lands of unspeakeable horrors and wars.

there aren't many alliances in W-Space, and they cannot claim territory, so you are kinda safe.

Edited by Kraosdada