The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Like Oxium Farming *ducks*

notionphil

I just wanted to add in that let's not forget what Oxium will mean for newer players as well... Provided they manage to kill the Ospreys with regularity, they should have plenty of Oxium by the time they even begin to consider building Zephyr or Helios. It's the same thing with Nav Coordinates. Every time a new resource comes out people freak out about not having hundreds or thousands of them, but once they stop actively thinking about what they don't have, they find themselves swimming in it. Just give it time. Once you've built Zephyr and Helios if you've been playing against the Corpus at all you should have a decent amount of Oxium for the next bit of Oxium content that comes out.

good point. I had almost 200 oxium after building zephyr, so helios wasnt too bad.

If there was more than one reliable place to farm them or the drop was buffed a little I'd be fine with them.

Like 3 or 4 different maps with Kappa like spawns, or when they suicide you get 1 but if you kill it you get 5-8.

I don't need both, but the second would make it easier for low level players to pick up a little oxium on Venus.

I enjoyed getting the Oxium but I never want to see another Oxium Osprey ever again.

Warning: Criticism ahead

When I read that Oxium Ospreys had some new behaviour that made them tactically advantaged or whatever, I expected a high-flying target with a Lanka or similar weapon that was capable of moving erratically and using cover to dodge bullets. You know, something that would actually be considered a smart, or at least annoying enemy. But they were just more or less flying Runners with an attached Nerf dartgun.

30 oxium is a low average for Kappa, but if the puggies are going around hugging the Ospreys, there's often little you can do.

Tips for farming Oxium:

1. Stay away from doors.

2. Get somewhere where you can see a large area.

3. Bring a powerful, long range weapon. Modded with Radiation + Electricity.

4. Bring Rhino and Stomp every time you see/hear an Oxium Osprey.

5. Farm Oxium with clannies. If no clannies are on, go to recruiting and form a specific group for it.

My last Phalan - Eris run I did 15 minutes and got 30 Oxium, a T3 key and a lot of xp. I prolly just got really lucky with Osprey spawns though.

Kappa does not contain super strong enemies so for example sonar with 1 or 2 accurate hits are enough, and it's fun!

Yes. Reliability is great. The high requirements / low-ish spawn rates not so much.

I can see where you're coming from. I am personally OK ish with the number.

600 is a bit high for zephyr, but a few hundred would be great for, lets say, a zephyr skin or stat helm(which doesnt exist anymore).

It's a pretty large number to lock a large piece of content behind - but a fine number for very visible swag or a tiny bous.

I can see where you're coming from. I am personally OK ish with the number.

600 is a bit high for zephyr, but a few hundred would be great for, lets say, a zephyr skin or stat helm(which doesnt exist anymore).

It's a pretty large number to lock a large piece of content behind - but a fine number for very visible swag or a tiny bous.

Yeah that's the idea, I'm talking about Zephyr, the 400 required for the (subpar) Helios and the 150 for the terrible Distilling Extractor. Those should not cost that much Oxium. 

Cosmetics could cost... one trillion Oxium! They don't affect the game at all.

I'm not too much a fan of the self destructive nature. But the problem does seem to be limited farming locations, with limited enemy types that drop it. Which is one of the reasons why derelict coordinates went over so well, despite initial concerns. You could literally go anywhere, and nab up a roughly equal number of them. There was no 'grind here' sign, dressed up in neon for them. They're the best example of 'get as you play', we've ever had.

I'm not too much a fan of the self destructive nature. But the problem does seem to be limited farming locations, with limited enemy types that drop it. Which is one of the reasons why derelict coordinates went over so well, despite initial concerns. You could literally go anywhere, and nab up a roughly equal number of them. There was no 'grind here' sign, dressed up in neon for them. They're the best example of 'get as you play', we've ever had.

Yep. I'd love to see

1) oxium dropping from all factions in unique 'skill based' ways - possibly with a slant towards a particular faction (corpus: 1-3 ox, grineer: 1 ox)

2) other rare resources which require skill to farm

Yep. I'd love to see

1) oxium dropping from all factions in unique 'skill based' ways - possibly with a slant towards a particular faction (corpus: 1-3 ox, grineer: 1 ox)

We do have flying grineer already, Regulators and Hellions. They could be good sources. And I can just imagine electric crawlers eating(Absorbing?) Oxium and turning in to floating tesla fields that'd just kind of tumble around maps like a bad space movie. 

I think the premise of Oxium farming is a really good idea. Like you said, you're not restricted by RNG, and the content stays relatively rare. If you're willing to spend the time to get it, you will.

Other people mentioned the issues though, the spawn rates of these enemies need to be balanced out so you're not farming one location because it's significantly more effective. The other issue was just how much Oxium was needed to research and build the frame. I'd say reduce the cost or increase the drop just a little.