Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Own Ideas For A Water Warframe.

ultra_KING

So I know there's a lot of talk about a water warframe going around and I'm sure there's enough ideas but I thought I'd add my own ideas and see if anyone likes these. The water warframe would be named Hydra "if male" or Rane "if female".

Abilities -

Dive - Hydra or Rane liquefies the ground underneath them diving head first into the ground, they remain underground for a couple seconds immune to damage while under ground "obviously" and then shoot up out of the ground underneath the enemies causing dirt and rocks to explode around the area causing AOE damage. Damage will be 200-250-350-500 damage positively effected by power strength and power range mods. Negatively effected by power efficiency due to shorter range of dives effect and not effected by power duration as the amount of time there underground is permantely set regardless of mods.

Mist - Hydra or Rane shrouds themselves in mist, while it does not actually make them invisible enemy accuracy will be heavily reduced bullets have 70-80-85-90 percent chance of missing power duration is 4-7-9-12 seconds. positively effected by power duration. Not effected by power strength or power range, and negatively effected by power efficiency "power won't last as long".

Bubble - Hydra or Rane suspends there enemies in bubbles and suspended in the air. Enemies will not be able to take damage onto the bubble is popped by shooting it. The idea is that this ability isnt for direct damage it's for getting them out of the way, also when popped the enemies will fall to the ground and have to stand back up making them incapable of attacking for a few seconds after popped. Enemies will be suspended for 6-8-11-13 seconds positively effected by power duration and power range, uneffected by power strength and like always negatively effected by power efficiency.

Sunami - "Ultimate ability / Board clearer" Hydra or Rane summons a gigantic wave of water hitting all enemies in range this attack does 1000-1500-3000-4500 damage. Positively by power strength and power range, uneffected by power duration and power efficiency.

Other ideas for ultimate abilities -

Drown - Hydra or Rane fills there enemies lungs with water suffocating them.

Dehydration - Hydra or Rane zaps all water out of there enemies bodies.

Melt - Hydra or Rane makes all there enemies molecules become water molecules causing enemies to collapse into a puddle of water "personally I think this one would be the coolest".

Nami Frame : D

NO.

NO MORE SUPPORT FOCUSED WATER CHARACTERS.

WE HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH THANK YOU, THE TIME OF BAD &#!, EVASIVE, FLOW CITY WATER CASTERS MUST RETURN!

*cought* Sorry about that little outburst. *straightens tie*

You can tell Nami was the straw that broke the camels back when it came to me being hype for a water character in a game. lol

For the sake of clarification, Tsunami and Bubble. I was just referencing the similarities. I would prefer a more aoe damage + movements based frame. Much strong version of slash dash and the buggy blade storm. Water/Mist frame.

Most of these look viable to me, Dive is interesting, but may be too hard to implement (falling into the ground would be hard in this game, I think - it would likely glitch a lot).

I like Mist, it could also work as a deflection, but if it did deflect it would be pretty much the same thing Zephyr already does with air. Bubble would be nice for CC, especially if it hits multiple enemies, either in a circle around you, or shot out in a 180 degree arc.

any of the 4th abilities are pretty viable, I'm curious to see what they will actually do for that.

Drown is my favorite, thinking about it. I picture a mist going out in a huge cloud, and then the enemies all grab their throats stunned a few seconds, then die (like Mag's 4th, they can still be killed as they are choking). But it would be cool to have the enemies actually animate, and clutch their throat trying to get air.

For the sake of clarification, Tsunami and Bubble. I was just referencing the similarities. I would prefer a more aoe damage + movements based frame. Much strong version of slash dash and the buggy blade storm. Water/Mist frame.

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout.

Drown is my favorite, thinking about it. I picture a mist going out in a huge cloud, and then the enemies all grab their throats stunned a few seconds, then die (like Mag's 4th, they can still be killed as they are choking). But it would be cool to have the enemies actually animate, and clutch their throat trying to get air.

I think that would make a pretty sweet CC ability. Not as an ult though.

Nami wasn't really solely support. Certain builds allowed her to mid lane fairly effectively.

Also Tsunami seems a bit OP compared to other ult's, even novas.

Didn't they kill all viability of Nami mid fairly early after release? (Which I've grown to dislike Riot for. Far to nerf happy in the sense of killing variety)

Did things change in that regard? I haven't been playing season 4.

When i think of tsunami and warframe abilities i think of having a wall of water rise up in a circle around the frame (blocking bullets like snowglobe, but only lasts for a second or two.) and then flows outwards knocking back all enemies hit and dealing X damage. Maybe causing a "drown" effect that damages/ staggers enemies over time.. kinda like a constant impact + slash proc.

Edited by (PS4)MyTagForHalo

DE is actually working on a water frame right now, that's why the OP brought it up :) Devstreams have showed a couple teasers.

Omg really? Water warframe? That's just lame

Like we don't have frost already!

What's next? Vapor warframe! Makes rooms steamy so that everyone has to open the windows and get sucked into space!

Omg really? Water warframe? That's just lame

Like we don't have frost already!

What's next? Vapor warframe! Makes rooms steamy so that everyone has to open the windows and get sucked into space!

Water and ice have entirely different properties..

Steam is pointless because it is pretty much either uses the vapor to burn things(ember) or uses the vapor like air(pretty much zephyr) or a combo of both i guess..

Freezing people to death and drowning them are two entirely different things :P

Edited by (PS4)MyTagForHalo

Water and ice have entirely different properties..

Steam is pointless because it is pretty much either uses the vapor to burn things(ember) or uses the vapor like air(pretty much zephyr) or a combo of both i guess..

Freezing people to death and drowning them are two entirely different things :P

Frost freezes them si fast they instantly die

So making them grown is a cruel way because you literally have to wait for him to die... It's a slow death

And water and ice are the same thing just in a different stance (it's 5th grade chemistry)

DE are running out of good ideas...

Yet I am full with them

Hell tomorrow I might even make a thread about if I'm not gonna be lazy

Here is even a teaser: Ghost frame, has the ability to jump into an enemies body and control it for a short time after leaving the body violently explodes

Still better than freaking aqua man

Skill 1: Piranha launcher- Summons aquarium full of piranhans which jumps on biting targetted enemy dealing slash dmg.

Skill 2: Puddle of death- Creates puddle where enemies drops down to waist and are slowed. Can still fire and walk but slowly.

Skill 3: Shower zap- Creates little shower nozzles over enemies and wet them entirely. When enemy passes some electrical apparatus it gets zapped with electrical dmg.

Skill 4: Flush Cannon- Creates toilet seat at aim point that works like vortex but no dmg then you aim second time above other enemies and all those flushed enemies drops on new target and deals impact dmg. Maybe ragdolling too.

Edit. Skill 3 also could deal suffocating dot.

Edited by Jumalauta

Frost freezes them si fast they instantly die

So making them grown is a cruel way because you literally have to wait for him to die... It's a slow death

And water and ice are the same thing just in a different stance (it's 5th grade chemistry)

DE are running out of good ideas...

Yet I am full with them

Hell tomorrow I might even make a thread about if I'm not gonna be lazy

Here is even a teaser: Ghost frame, has the ability to jump into an enemies body and control it for a short time after leaving the body violently explodes

Still better than freaking aqua man

I don't see how he could have made it more obvious to you.

Totally.

Different.

Properties.

Waves, hydro pumps, fluid/flow based movement, momentum =/= frigid, slow, blizzards, etc.

Seriously, if you take two seconds to look at characters or fantasy abilities based other either of these, the design and characteristic differences are painfully obvious.

Seriously, even the first grade science tells you. Same molecule, but vastly different characteristics once they slow down or speed up. You can just look at nature to.

When people say "ice is the same as water" I really can't believe they are that..is close minded the right word for such a situation?

Anyway, the gameplay style and abilities of a water frame or any water character are drastically different from that of ice, whether or not all you can see is a particle.

I don't see how he could have made it more obvious to you.

Totally.

Different.

Properties.

Waves, hydro pumps, fluid/flow based movement, momentum =/= frigid, slow, blizzards, etc.

Seriously, if you take two seconds to look at characters or fantasy abilities based other either of these, the design and characteristic differences are painfully obvious.

Seriously, even the first grade science tells you. Same molecule, but vastly different characteristics once they slow down or speed up. You can just look at nature to.

When people say "ice is the same as water" I really can't believe they are that..is close minded the right word for such a situation?

Anyway, the gameplay style and abilities of a water frame or any water character are drastically different from that of ice, whether or not all you can see is a particle.

It's a stupid idea!!!!!

Just like zephyr was!

"hey guys were out of ideas let's use @(*()$ elements in the next 10 warframes"

Look at all the other frames and their unique abilities!

Rhino slam for example... The fact that it puts them in stasis is unique! It adds to the already epic stomp!

Or volts shield or vauban in general

Are you following me?!

Wrong section.

It's going to be male, though.

They confirmed during a stream that they go in a gender order; male, female, male, female, ect., and the same with Primes; male, male, female, female, male, male, ect.