The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Love (Some Changes I Thought Of)

Lyxolf

SMITE.

It's actually a really nice single target death, thing. Flicking your fingers isn't usually as fun as it is.

-Radiation Damage. Why does Oberon use mostly radiation damage? is it because the proc confuses people? Is that something a deer-fairy king does? Confuse? Okay... maybe.

I personally think Smite should be doing... I dunno... blast? Now, there's more than just being too literal with this to my reasoning.

Blast has less overall damage reduction among all the enemy types, and its proc, instead of confusion, is knockback, aoe knockback.

It's my favorite damage type on high firerate, high proc weapons (second being gas, but I can't have both together D:)

-Streamers of.... okay what are they really? 

I dunno what they are? but we all know what I mean by Smite's streamers.

They have no seeking ability. Which means they are only good in direct contact AoE with the initial target, so once they are summoned from the body, they are... well, WOOO TAKING UP SCREEN SPACE, also they are pretty damn loud. SSSHHHWWEEWEWWWWW.

I have two solutions to these streamers of fun.

Give them a slight seeking ability, not too hardcore, but a decent one, because.

The streamers would enter the body of a person, and... trigger smite again (op? See: Nova)

that way one cast would be a lot more useful.

If that's too much for you.

A gradient, as the streamers go around and go into people, each retrigger decreases the power strength by 75%/50%/25% (or something long those lines)

OR!

Remove the streamers, make the smite damage an AoE with the proc chance decreasing as distance goes off.

*inhale* all that for his 1? Let's get into his...

Hallowed Ground.

People really love this ability, and I'm happy for you. But.

It's such a bad area denial, it's insane. 

Swap it out for another supportive ability.

What kind?

Instead of damage.... allies in the effected area are buffed, and enemies, debuffed. Also make the area a LOT larger. Alternatively, everyone in an AoE of Oberon are respectively effected. 

A good debuff for enemies, on the theme of a radiation deerfairy, enemies in the area have a 25%/50%.75% (or something) to become proc'd by radiation and go crazy (IN THE EYES OF GOD YOU WILL BOW DOWN!)

A good buff for the allies would be health-related (Also pls buff Oberon's health to 150, why? Because I said so, low energy, mediocre shields. Or buff his armour. as I was)

Health related buff in the area of effect would be the easiest I could think of, I'd enjoy something like the following

INB4OMGRHINOSKIN.

INB4OMGABSORB.

A health buffer. when you start taking health damage, you absorb all damage until you reach a threshhold, and let out damage in a radias which will intern, confuse everyone OMGCHAOS.

As he's a offensive support frame it works, rite?

Okay what to replace it with is debatable, but I prefer a supportive buff/debuff idea for this.

Renewal.

Just increase the healing done, and remove the cast time, and I'm happy.

Reckoning!

Probably my favorite ability in the game, mostly because of how it looks during cast.

Needs more damage, or more range, realistically that's it.

It knocks down, kills a lot of stuff in the process, and summons health orbs! (Would make more sense that instead of health orbs, it just heals in an AoE with a percent chance of doing so per death, but it's less important than most things to discuss.)

Final notes:

All offensive frames late game get weak, as damage scaling puts guns in front of super powers, which I think is a but dumb sometimes.

As a supportive frame with offensive capabilities, actually, reverse that, Oberon is a highly survivable frame with some decent output of kills, my favorite frame, but if I want damage, I go Nova, and health, everyone goes Trinity.

Understandable that Oberon does not have a place, but he's a really good guy y'know?!

Lemme know what you think.

EndRant