Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Consolidated Feedback, Hope It Helps

FluffyM

Hi there,

I just wanted to post some feedback, I'll try to be as precise and positive as I can, but I'm a highly sarcastic git, so don't get offended.

Networking:

- Terrible. Ok, sorry; I'm trying, honest!

Gameplay:

- Jumping is too clunky and slow. A great example to illustrate the problem are the drop-downs in tunnels on infestation-maps. Wallrunning and backflipping out of such a room results in you standing right in front of the drop-down. To try to jump over the manhole, you need to take a few steps back and generate momentum. It is virtually impossible to jump the gap from a standing position. That is only one part of the issue though. Years of gaming have taught me to jump off of a platform at the latest possible instant, just as I am about to walk/fall off it. If you do this in Warframe, you will simply walk into thin air and plummet into an infinite abyss, every time. It feels pretty bad.

- Aerial control seems non-existant. It's pretty annoying to vault over something, and not be able to correct where you land. With the force-roll after high jumps, this often results in unwanted falls/bad positioning. This somewhat applies to climbing as well.

- Mobs with CC resulting in loss of control. Disruptors are cool, poison dudes are cool, shield dudes are cool, runners are cool, leaping mobs are cool, chargers are cool, but please, when/if you introduce new mob types, please give them abilities that don't result in a loss of control over your character- such mechanics simply aren't fun. This point, I feel, can't even be argued. Show me one person who likes to get staggered 5 times in a row, and I will show you someone who enjoys Ed Wood's 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' for it's realism and story-telling.

- Above/below-indicator for the main objective. I navigate just fine, but I have a couple of friends that get lost very easily, and above/below is a definite issue for them.

Misc:

- Valuable information on so many things for this game is seriously lacking. I tried to find out if the amount of energy you get from blue orbs is random or what governs it, searching the wikia linked me to the article on affinity. I also wanted to know whether or not elemental mods on the same weapon stack, once more forums and wikia, as well as google, let me down. Several abilities have features that aren't listed anywhere (slashing dash rendering you entirely invulnerable, for an easy example). May I suggest a contest for 'most active contributor to the wiki'?

- Platinum prices are too high. I have several friends who were mulling over buying some platinum when they saw what us founders got and how much better it is, but then they saw the prices. I don't know what the deal is, but it is at least 30% too expensive, especially for Europeans (who pay more than the price in USD due to Steam). This game is F2P and on Steam, thousands of players will play this- you can certainly afford to not have warframe-packs that cost a whopping 40$! You'd probably make more money overall, too. I'd like to add to this, the fact that buying stuff is actually detrimental to your own experience right now due to a lack of content and diversity doesn't change anything about it being too expensive- it makes it more wrong, not less.

UI:

- Getting stuck on the mission-screen after someone disbands the lobby. By this I mean, I will be forced to navigate from planet to planet on the missions-screen instead of going to the planet-overview, because neither the back-button, nor ESC work. Suggests to me that the game thinks it kicked me back to the overview- (or home-)screen, but it hasn't. Relogging fixes this.

- After getting disconnected from a contact's game, I can't rejoin it until I relog. I don't know if this is because of the way the game handles active sessions or whatever, but if it could be adressed, that would be nice.

- Having to unequip mods to upgrade them. I understand why it works the way it currently does, and I also can't think of any immediate solutions, but that doesn't keep me from stating that it's a pain in the hole.

- Colour-blind-mode. It is next to impossible for a red/green colour-blind friend of mine to see cameras. He knows where they are now, because at least they usually are in the same spots, but it's quite a handicap.

- Customizable crosshairs. Grey was a good choice, but consider this: no matter which weapons your players will be using, no matter the game-mode or the level, they will be staring at their crosshair. It is the most important part of the UI as far as I'm concerned. Give us some choice over what it looks like please?

I have more and will update this post as I remember it, this was just off the top of my head.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by FluffyM

^AGREED WITH EVERYTHING

Especially movement being clunky. I'm supposed to be a space ninja and yet my mobility is just so damn clunky. I've had a lot of experiences where i jump too far even when i just attempted a tiny hop or the game makes me auto-roll after i land and i roll off a cliff.

I also want customisable crosshairs too. And while i'm at it, an option to remove that "bar" thing that pops up when i get damaged showing the direction i'm taking fire from. i take screenshots in this game a lot for the wiki, especially of enemies and bosses, and having a smaller crosshair and removing the damage bar thing will help a lot.

First post and I'm liking you already XD Welcome to the game, I hope you post more, you've got some great ideas, and apparently a network of friends for increased feedback too.

Heh, thanks, I will actually try not to post too much, I'm a massive troll. ;)

Something else that's started to really annoy me is that friendly decoys have collision, blocking pathways, bullets, movement.

I know it's uninspired but that's all I got tonight.

Only points I would make:

1) Livestream Lore and story are being worked on, they had some hiccups in that area

2) Until the prices go down from simple supply / demand just buy potatos (orokin artifacts), rush things and use the blueprints for weapons/warframes, stuff is expensive but, the prices should go down or still will go on sale (soonish I hope)

Everything else completely valid and the crosshairs thing was suggested before they went to PAX hope they saw it. Enjoyed reading feedback like this.

Instead of just bumping this, I thought I could throw the idea that Loki is not a good starter-frame out there.

I have two friends who started as Loki, they both struggled quite a lot trying to play the class the way (they thought) they should be playing.

Until the class is working as intended, maybe substitute it or apply some bandaid-fixes?

I suppose the point is null with the current HP/shield insanity, but once that is sorted, maybe consider this.

oh, right they replaced volt with mag (thought that was silly). Agreed, Loki is advanced but really awesome. Also, I am seeing the HP/Shield passives for a chance for DE to up the ante in difficulty of the game so far :P