The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Russian localization

Cleff

Greetings.

The current straight forward politic to conquer as much possible positions in the world for Warframe is marvelous.

Today we can rarely see any developers who mention Russia in their future plans, so we pretty much suffer from long term delay and lag play on foreing servers.

I am grateful for that, my friends.

That's why i want to help with Russian localization.

I usually play english version (because i think it's always better to play original), but today i launched Russian version and found some minor mistakes.

They are not misleading or confusing, not at all. They are just look sily.

For example "booster" skills:

Literally it translate as in game - Ускоритель (uskoritel'). But logicaly it's wrong because in translate it means not increase parameter or power it up, it literally means to speed up. Russian word for it is - Усилитель (usilitel'), which is means to power up something, make it more powerful. But it's possible to use many other words, which will be more "comfortable" to read and mean exact what you meant.

So, if it relevant to project interests, i am (and bunch of my friends) ready to help.

Greetings.

The current straight forward politic to conquer as much possible positions in the world for Warframe is marvelous.

Today we can rarely see any developers who mention Russia in their future plans, so we pretty much suffer from long term delay and lag play on foreing servers.

I am grateful for that, my friends.

That's why i want to help with Russian localization.

I usually play english version (because i think it's always better to play original), but today i launched Russian version and found some minor mistakes.

They are not misleading or confusing, not at all. They are just look sily.

For example "booster" skills:

Literally it translate as in game - Ускоритель (uskoritel'). But logicaly it's wrong because in translate it means not increase parameter or power it up, it literally means to speed up. Russian word for it is - Усилитель (usilitel'), which is means to power up something, make it more powerful. But it's possible to use many other words, which will be more "comfortable" to read and mean exact what you meant.

So, if it relevant to project interests, i am (and bunch of my friends) ready to help.

If you want to help with localization, check out this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/452-tenno-translators/

Remember, if you want to participate you need to write a support ticket, not replying to that thread.

You can make a support ticket here: https://warframe.com/zendesk

Hope that helps.