The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fast Movement Launching You Out Of Boundaries On Jupiter.

Shehriazad

Things like maxed Rhino charge or Excalibro Dash (and some others) can potentially launch you out of boundaries in Jupiter quite easily.

Whenever you dash in an outside area and get launched off the fences...you generally end up 2-10 KM away from the objective...so the mission area turns into a tiny quadratic thingy that flies by you a few times...until you die.

When you res you will continue falling without any hope for rescue. 

There should be some invisible wall that just places you back in the mission somewhere.... 

If you want to replicate just use a max duration build Rhino and charge in an outside area once..."success" chance is pretty high.

Excalibro tryin' ta steal my Loki Charms...

But seriously, this is a collision bug that can be fixed one of three ways:

1. Devs add on-collision interpolation to physics. Unlikely because this is a very CPU-intensive operation that must be performed for each collision, and is usually only used for 2d games which need semi-realistic physics. Arguably you could have interpolation only be used for high-speed objects, but that would require an append to the collision handling algorithm which is something that, I can almost guarantee you, nobody at DE wants to do. This might actually be part of the engine, and I'm wrong, and the lag compensation is at fault. Which is also something nobody will want to fix.

2. Don't build a max duration Rhino, point him at an invisible wall and mash 1.

3. Take a Loki with you that has a REAAAAALLLLY long-range switch teleport.

Guess which one is most likely. I don't mean to be diminutive, but who builds a Max Duration Rhino or Excalibro anyways?