Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

{Suggestion} Concerning Alert Events And Reasons To Do Them.

Krucifixion

So currently, we have 2 types of alerts :

Blank credit only alerts which are frankly just not worth bothering with and rarely done unless by chance the alert has a high enough credit reward.

Then we have the ? alerts which everyone scrambles to do, and which sadly tends to give out either repeats or artifacts which just aren't worth the time to bother with (Scavengers lots and lots of Scav artis).

Why not change the alert system, instead of blank and ?s, implement say ? and ?? type events.

? events could for example have Scavenger Artifacts, Warframe Blueprints (Head, Chassis, Systems etc), and perhaps even non-rare weapon bueprints (Bolto, Afuris, Kraken etc).

Then we would have the ?? events, which would have the rarer Artifacts (Rejuv, Amps etc) and Rare Blueprints (Helms, Weapons, Catalysts, and Reactors). These ?? events could be harder then our typical events, like say..Defense missions with a twist, Grineer wave 1 with a souped up Vor at the end, Corpus wave 2 with a Hyena, Infested wave 3 with a Golem etc.

In other words; make these events fun, make them harder, and make them ALL worth doing not just the occasional ? event.

Good idea imo. I like the Alert system in concept, but it is definitely lacking. Also would like to see alert missions be more then just hard-mode versions of the normal mission types. Ideally I'd like to see a mission type or two specific to alerts, but I understand if dev resources don't allow it. At the very least, the rewards should be better across the board for them I think.

If I understood the livestreams properly Alerts is still an unfinished system I was hoping, personally, they would expand to unique mission types myself. Not sure what yet but I like the boss addition to the def idea though. Would make it a bit more exciting.

Edited by shoudra

I like this idea! The only big problem I have as a new player of WarFrame is that the missions can feel fairly repetitive. I've always felt that the alerts should have a little twist on them from the standardized missions so that the newer players have something to look forward to!

The randomized rewards are a good idea, especially since the few people I know that play mostly skip the pure credit alerts since they really give nothing else.