Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Melee Weapon For Stealth Gameplay?

AntonyJM

Question

10 answers to this question

The Paris (Bow) Is a silent weapon, and with proper upgrades can one-shot most enemies from afar. Even enemies that are sitting right beside the enemy you killed will not be alerted. As long as you dont get spotted, and one-shot the enemies, you can get through an entire mission without an alert. I have also been using the Latron, and it too seems to be a silent weapon (Even though its not actually silent.) However, since it cannot one-shot the higher leveled enemies, it usually will end up alerting them. From my experience, trying to use your melee weapon to stay stealthed the entire mission is nearly impossible in some of the rooms.

Edited by XRuecian

The Paris (Bow) Is a silent weapon, and with proper upgrades can one-shot most enemies from afar. Even enemies that are sitting right beside the enemy you killed will not be alerted. As long as you dont get spotted, and one-shot the enemies, you can get through an entire mission without an alert. I have also been using the Latron, and it too seems to be a silent weapon (Even though its not actually silent.) However, since it cannot one-shot the higher leveled enemies, it usually will end up alerting them. From my experience, trying to use your melee weapon to stay stealthed the entire mission is nearly impossible in some of the rooms.

Although this is pretty solid for a stealth weapon, OP asked for a Melee weapon. And I'll have to correct the bolded; if you pin an enemy and it goes flying by one of their buddies they will notice and be alerted to your presence, likewise if an enemy walks toward a wall and is staring straight-ahead at a dead ally, they'll notice that too. Best way to avoid this is elemental effects, from what I've seen all the elemental effects don't trigger alerted states unless of course.. they're face to face and their buddy just exploded into ice chunks. A minor safety net against the pinned bodies, if you will.

I would say the Plasma Sword is the best for stealth attacks, reason being is that in the runs I've done (read: tried) the weapons with higher charge damage deal more "stealth damage". Why not the 2h weapons? Simply because the animation is super long and drawn out, even with Fire Rate mods. The Daggers are kind of moot because you'll most likely be caught and then if you like Meleeing the Daggers aren't known for being super good, but the Swords are a good balance between Melee viability, speed, and damage. My two cents (or rather, nickels and dimes).

so just to nail down ur question. any melee weapon (except for the heavy ones) are excellent for stealth play. daggers as well.

if u put charge damage mod on your weapon any weapon is capable of one shoting enemies.

i tried: i play with fangs

I wouldn't do fang, it did less damage as stealth than skana. Least that was my experience... if i recall correctly.

For fang, at least for 'stealth atk dmg', for straight up melee they work fine. most of my stealth attacks don't instant one shot, so I have to run up and charge atk kill the mob instead if I want to attempt stealth play.

As noted, my experience with it xd

Edited by Fujimura

And I'll have to correct the bolded; if you pin an enemy and it goes flying by one of their buddies they will notice and be alerted to your presence, likewise if an enemy walks toward a wall and is staring straight-ahead at a dead ally, they'll notice that too.

This isn't correct. I have killed so many enemies right in front of their friends with the Paris and all they do is look at them, then go on their way.

Enemies aren't automatically alerted to your presence by corpses but they do go to investigate them.