Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey Digital Extremes, Your Physx Sucks. Thank You For Treating Pc Gamers Like Trash.

Zymphad76

First off, Warframe runs better on an old 5870 than Tomb Raider on my 560 Ti.

That said, PhysX is easy to disable--if you don't like the particles, get rid of them. I like them, the capture particles and decomposing bodies are cool.

Performance issues? From what I've seen I get NO stuttering, frame drops, or delay playing solo, private with people in the same house, or as host. Playing online with someone else as host? Yeah, performance can suffer a lot and opening containers or killing a lot of enemies in a large fight makes the game nearly unplayable. I'm not sure why this is, but it is. This is not PhysX, this is a little thing called the internet, and not all connections and computers are equal.

All I got out of this thread? AMD fanboy crying about particles that he can just, y'know, turn off.

I'm pretty sure Nvidia pays developpers to implement PhysX into their game. I'd prefer if it was wasn't Nvidia exclusive either, but that's just how it is and you can't fault developpers for implementing something they are getting paid for. If you don't like the effects then you should just disable PhysX and stop whining.

Erm, I play on an AMD and my graphic card is also a Radeon. I tune up everything to max, I've played from solo to 4 player co-op. Bad framerate? Nope, not in a million years, everything plays very smoothly. The only problem I had was with one player connection causing lag for everyone, other than that, no.

If I was to make a guess there are 1 of 2 things happening to you.

A.) Your computer/graphic card sucks (not much to do there except upgrading or buying a new one).

B.) A problem with any part of your hardware (probably graphic card) which causes problems with this game in particular. I've had a similar problem with the latest Xcom where framerate no matter what I'd do would drop so low that the game was unplayable, yet there were both better and worse PC's than mine that would run it smoothly.

So, if it's not option A, it will either be addressed in time by DE as performance optimisation for different specs kick in, or it will be addessed by your graphic card manufacturer as it eventually releases a better driver for it. Still yeah, I guess it sucks a lot to be unable to play it as you like but again don't just go and blame it on physics and games using them. I like the effects a lot and what you define as crap flying around is half of what this game is and what makes this game fun to play.

MOBO: Asus Sabertooth P67

CPU: Core i7 2600k 3.4ghz OC'ed to 4.5ghz

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 670 ftw+ 4GB

RAM: Corsair Dominator 1866MHz 8GB

Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty

NIC: Killer 2100

SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB

Runs fine for me and i play the game maxed with around 115+ fps, when i'm hosting this drops of course but that's a given when you start cpu bottlenecking with all the AI. I do however play with Anti Aliasing disabled but that drops my fps by like 1 or 2 when enabled so it's not a problem and i just like how the game looks crisper without it.

Edited by Carper

I've never had framerate issues in this game. Not once, in any situation, and I've played with 4 people before.

I also play on a laptop.

Would you be willing to go to these threads and post your specs and that you have no issues? Please?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/21917-a-little-advice/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/21956-important-performance-issues/

I'd like to compare our hardware and try and find out why I am having performance issues on my laptop.

Give him money for new PC - he will shut up about it )) I have more than 3 different PC systems with different hardware (including full AMD system) - no problem issues detected. In fact - this post is a big "Trolling pride" so dont feed it with new comments))