The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So All Helmets Not Currently Owned Are Gonna Be Cosmetic Only?

DPV111

sort of not looking forward to the legacy thing. 

I dunno how to put this, but, if they aren't going to actually take the helmets with stats out...why take the helmets with stats out?  The only thing this will change is that new players will feel sad and discouraged, because they won't be able to catch up to us in terms of power.

all or nothing, leave the helmets or take them out, but don't just make them unobtainable  :/  (or split the cosmetics and the stats, that'd make everyone happy.)

Statless helms are the right choice.  Leaving existing ones with stats is a good pragmatic choice for DE, as it avoids having to deal with refund hassles.  It does come at a cost though, in that people that will never be able to get them will want them and complain, and those with them will have an edge over those that don't.

Except DE can get around that too.  They've got the Focus system planned as a future thing, a way for us to improve our frames after we've maxed them.  If that system provides the same sorts of bonuses, and they don't stack with helmets (the higher value gets used), then that will do a pretty good of finishing the phasing out of stat helmets.  Stat free helmets for looks, Focus system for the bonuses, and yet the stat helms will still have some value (for when you haven't gotten the right Focus bonus yet).

Alot people bought helmets for stats.To take the stats away would be a fraud.I think the solution that DE said is fine.People who have the helmet keep the stats people who dont have it,get only the looking from alerts and shop.

Its fine.

In my eyes theycould let stats helmets ingame but they wont so not my fault when new players dont get it.

Edited by K0bra

Okay so here's my suggestion for Helmets, forgive me if somebody else has already offered it but if so then maybe having ENOUGH people say the same thing will give the idea some traction.

Get the Focus System ready.

Remove stats from helmets.

Give owners of stat helmets Lenses with the same effect that those helmets currently provide.

Alot people bought helmets for stats.To take the stats away would be a fraud.I think the solution that DE said is fine.People who have the helmet keep the stats people who dont have it,get only the looking from alerts and shop.

Its fine.

In my eyes theycould let stats helmets ingame but they wont so not my fault when new players dont get it.

Sorry, but it fails the legal definitions of fraud.

The helmets were purchased with in-game currency, not direct money.

Now that I've restated the legal standpoint and my personal view, here's why I understand them not removing the stats from existing helms.

Ease of coding.  Really, all it takes is a one character rename on all unbuilt helms to go stat-less.  Far less coding hassle.  And as a programmer I completely understand.

I think stats should either be removed completely or be transferable. Because we bought helmets with preferable stats we now have an advantage over new people down the line for ever. That is by definition pay to win. Yes you can get those helmets as drops too so it wasn't pay to win before but once their proposed change takes place it will be. How can they claim they want to balance the game yet they have variables like people with stat helmets and people with no stat helmets ? At no point in stime should anyone have something that can give a competitive edge and it not be attainable for free. It would be one thing if they were rare drops that were apart of an event but they aren't so it creates further imbalance.

So the idea of compensating newer helmet owners with a helmet upgrade mod slot for utility mods like Master Thief or Undying will, enemy radar, thief's wit, heavy Impact, Intruder, etc isn't something anyone is for?

I think stats should either be removed completely or be transferable. Because we bought helmets with preferable stats we now have an advantage over new people down the line for ever. That is by definition pay to win. Yes you can get those helmets as drops too so it wasn't pay to win before but once their proposed change takes place it will be. How can they claim they want to balance the game yet they have variables like people with stat helmets and people with no stat helmets ? At no point in stime should anyone have something that can give a competitive edge and it not be attainable for free. It would be one thing if they were rare drops that were apart of an event but they aren't so it creates further imbalance.

It isn't pay to win either way.  People won't be able to pay to get the statted helmets.  And people who got them from alerts didn't pay, and blueprints for helmets with stats no longer be awarded for alerts won't change that.  This sort of change is usually referred to as "grandfathering".

And again, if the Focus System doesn't stack with the helmets but does provide bonuses to the same stats, it is possible to have a level playing field or at least something close to it (depending on how much of a bonus the Focus system gives).

Edited by Axterix13

• 3 weeks later...

Statless helms are the right choice.  Leaving existing ones with stats is a good pragmatic choice for DE, as it avoids having to deal with refund hassles.  It does come at a cost though, in that people that will never be able to get them will want them and complain, and those with them will have an edge over those that don't.

Except DE can get around that too.  They've got the Focus system planned as a future thing, a way for us to improve our frames after we've maxed them.  If that system provides the same sorts of bonuses, and they don't stack with helmets (the higher value gets used), then that will do a pretty good of finishing the phasing out of stat helmets.  Stat free helmets for looks, Focus system for the bonuses, and yet the stat helms will still have some value (for when you haven't gotten the right Focus bonus yet).

first sensible thing ive seen on this topic. im fairly new to the game and i saw a few of the weapons and excalibur prime that arent available to me because i came "late" to the game. but i am not angry or envious. i still enjoy the game. everyone should just be happy the devs bother to try to make us happy at all. i mean seriously?? do they even have to do all these live streams and tweaks to "OP" weapons and frames? not really.. if you dont like it someone else will and the can simply cater to them. the devs give us alot of slack but people constantly crying wolf for every little thing is getting old. and like i said, i just got here. the complaining needs to stop at some point. plus the game is in open beta. nothing is promised to us as the consumer. the fact that its still in beta means they are always changing things and reworking ideas. so far they seem to going in the right direction for a excellent game.

anyway, my point is as a new player, i dont feel "deprived" of anything if they take out the helms before i collect them all. im not hating on people who have the excalibur prime or the strun wraith for example. people need to just relax. and this whole argument about rhino needing to remain the slow warframe...ummm ever heard of the Rush mod?? i thought so. if u cant stand being slow that much you have an option. that is my plan if i never get the vanguard helmet

do they even have to do all these live streams and tweaks to "OP" weapons and frames? not really.

They do if they want to not be known as making a hilariously broken game with no balancing at all, want to actually keep people playing and prove their worth as game development team.

Edit: Personal stance, either remove ALL the stats, or leave them in.

Edited by XRAY0128