Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Swizzlestix's Suggestion Thread Mk 2

Swizzlestix

Time for another suggestions thread sans U7! Here's a couple of things I've noticed, playing as Loki and trying out the Paris bow.

1. At base health, armor and shield, a laser door will kill you as a Loki. While you can pin this down to your own negligence, there's nothing more annoying than running through a safe door only to have it laser your face at the last second because someone you're playing with can't cover their own cameras. Of course, a solution to this would be to limit the amount of doors a camera can laser, to the immediate area around it (as opposed to the whole ship), or reduce the amount of damage it deals to players to at least the point it won't one-shot a new Loki player from full health. With the infrequency of shield or health mod drops at the moment, this seems necessary, especially since laser doors to a solid base damage of 200 no matter what level area you are playing in.

2. You should be able to lower your arrow once you've nocked it into the Paris. At the moment, this is impossible without sheer jumping off a cliff (no expression intended) and is a guaranteed loss of an arrow if you've clicked M1 (or whatever variant you may have picked as your primary fire). 'Just one arrow' right? Well, Paris has a base ammo capacity of 78 arrows. Players can agree that's not too much in the broad spectrum of, say, the continuous defence matches we've been granted (which are great fun by the way), especially with how infrequent sniper ammo drops, even with Rifle Scavenger equipped. You find yourself running out of Paris ammo halfway through the round and depending on your pistol or melee weapon from then on, when you're not scraping the barrel for sniper ammo. I'm not saying this is impossible to do with a good weapon set, but it makes levelling the bow needlessly slow, and frankly, you'd expect an advanced race like the Tenno to know how to loosen the tension on a bowstring without simply letting go.

3. At the moment, headshots with the bow are not recognized by the headshot challenge or post-game statistics. Since melee weapons can even get headshots, this probably needs to change.

4. When using the Paris bow, players should either;

-Not be given the 'rifle kills' challenge, as kills made with the Paris do not count as rifle kills, or;

-Kills with the Paris should count towards rifle kills.

5. At the moment, when Loki uses his invisibility power, if he has a Sentinel equipped, that Sentinel will not turn invisible. This is understandable if you picked the Wyrm as it's purely offensive, but the Shade should at least cloak with Loki when using this power. It renders using the power for stealth, its original purpose besides evasion, impossible since the enemy can and will detect and attack your pet if they see it, alerting everyone nearby that you're there. This means you'll still get hit by melee attacks, which adds risk to the crit bonus Lokis get for meleeing while invisible, since they more often than not will stun the player while trying to melee the Sentinel. For a Sentinel 'well suited for stealth gameplay' (quoted from its in-game description), this seems like a no-brainer. It even seems like the reason why you would have your pet refrain from attacking until you are attacked (as per its 'Revenge' mod).

(u]Note; by this, I do not mean the Sentinel's 'Ghost' mod; this is beneficial towards the player getting away and could be exploited to no end if it hid the Sentinel too.)

6. I don't expect this boss to stay the way he is, but at the moment, Phorid is really quite difficult for even a level 30 warframe to solo unless they have the overwhelming vitality support to survive that unavoidable scream attack. I have worked out some method around it myself, though Loki's method of avoiding damage is probably a bug and will get fixed in upcoming patches; hopefully along with a way of avoiding taking so much damage from his AOE scream attack.

-At the moment, as Loki, using your 'Switch Teleport' power on him once he's started the scream animation will use up energy as if the power has been used, though nothing will happen at first. Further attempts to use the power on him during the scream animation will be negated with the message 'Power in use'. Phorid will continue the animation to scream and damage all allies present in the entire map. However, Loki will not take any damage at all if he has used 'Switch Teleport' on Phorid before the damage starts. Once the animation has finished, Loki will switch teleport with the boss and combat will resume as usual. This was discovered during attempts to find ways to interrupt the scream.

In addition to the above difficulty level problems; using freeze-based attacks on Phorid to slow him down as he's screaming will increase the duration his scream lasts for, and inflict more damage on the players. I guess you could count this as a legit tactical reason not to freeze him but, I dunno, it just doesn't feel right to me, especially with the overwhelming amounts of damage the scream already does.

7. Fusion Cores are far too expensive to use over other mods, for Fusion. The amount of credits they cost in comparison to other mods, when fusing them with your primary modules, multiplies in stacks of 3 or even 5 times as much. I'm not willing to spend 2,500 credits applying a Fusion Core to a mod, when I could spend 800 credits instead by fusing other mods to it, for the same amount of mod XP. Likewise, I would like to critisize the decision to transform all our mods prior to the Mod System Update, into Fusion Cores. 85% of them will not be used. (Protip; you can use shift+click to select multiple mods to sell at once.)

8. I dunno about anyone else, but Finding Health and Shield increase mods is next to impossible at the moment. I've been playing for hours recently and I'm pretty sure I have every single other mod available except these two. As a Loki, I have a base 75 health and 75 shield, which has forced me to cram all my vitality into upgrading my armour and generally avoid the more intense firefights; even with this, it only goes so far. With a base armour of 50, and a mod that increases my armour by 50%, this still only leaves me with 75 armour. It's a heck of a lot more than say Volt or Trinity, but at least they've got the shields and health to make up for it. This also makes me feel somewhat useless when a Rhino can just stomp up to a group of enemies with a Scindo and blow them all away without even worrying about a dent in his shield, even when he's not using Iron Skin.

9. There is still no way to vote for missions other players have selected without navigating to the mission yourself. This always seemed like a necessary feature, what with having to route through the entire system to even find the planet you're looking for let alone mission, due to the inability to pan back out to the system overview once you're in a party. Let's list why this is needlessly difficult this time;

If a player wants to tackle 'Methone' which is in Saturn, and simply clicks it, nobody will know where this location is unless directly told by said player. Let's say they're in a voice call, so they found that out easily enough, and another player is in Eris. For that player to vote for Methone, they have no choice but to navigate to Uranus, Venus, Mercury and finally Saturn. Of course, there's no indication of which planet leads to which other planet, so unless he's got the galaxy map drawn on the back of his hand, he's going to head to the wrong planet on occasion. What's more, looking for little cyan diamonds on a map littered with little cyan circles is going to further complicate this. It's likely that by the time he's even reached Saturn the minute countdown will already be in its last stages, if he even finds it in time.

What further adds to this is, once the mission is complete, player two will find himself looking back at Eris, meaning if he wants to repeat the mission with his friend, he's got to navigate there again. This has to be simplified; it's been an issue for months and, while a lot of other great features have been implimented to fix many a problem with gameplay and the UI, this one has been continuously overlooked. What's wrong with adding a mission vote to the 'Alerts' list so players can click on the mission that's been voted on, at least to bring them to the correct system immediately? Likewise, what's so difficult about allowing players to pan back out to the system overview without abandoning their party? Both of these solutions would easily make this problem completely rendundant and have been suggested multiple times here.

These are just a few suggestions I've made up so far; I haven't included a lot of other suggestions as I've recently just got back into the game again, and have focussed mainly on rebuilding what my Loki lost with the Mod System revamp along with levelling up the Paris Bow. My suggestions will revolve around these features of the game.

Edited by Swizzlestix

I would also like to add that so far the only viable stratagy to fighting Phorid is to be Trinity, Rihno or Nyx who all have an ability to adsorb/redirect damage. I have been experimenting with alternate ways to help dampen the damage which is how my partner discovered the switch teleport method, and apparently, Rinho's stomp dose make him freeze up but doesn't stop the damage from the scream.