Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player's question about plat

RawrKitty

is there ANY way to get beyond the 50 we start with with out spending money? i don't have an issue with f2p gameswith micro transactions like this, especially ones that highly emphasise it, but require it to even play past a certain level? for some people who are broke it's kind of depressing.

i'm not going to bash the game, im just wondering if theres any other way to get them, if even at a very slow/small rate?

Edited by RawrKitty

Anyone? i'd really like to know this before continuing to play :c, the pro plat system is such an unfathomably discouraging system to me, and i really can't feel right playing with it. i understand to each his/her own though

Edited by RawrKitty

The devs have seen the majority's outcry against the "pro" stuff, and are looking into possible solutions, the earliest of which could be implemented in a couple weeks.

I haven't spent any Plat, but once I hit the cap at rank 15 I'll probably use it on my frame and long-range main weapon. Most of the weapons can be purchased with credits so I hope to get there. I only have a handful of hours played and I've been having fun so far - I've seen that people get a significant amount of credits simply by finishing venus/saturn, so I'll probably be able to try a couple other weapons by then.

If we really end up being forced to pay, $5 for 75 Plat is roughly $1.33 for 20 Plat, so it'd be about $2.66 to pass the level cap on warframe and main gun. The amount isn't what bothers me, it's the principle of the thing, a direct pay-for-power implementation, but thank goodness the developers have said this will most likely change. Either "pro" skill trees will be available for credits (might be a lot though) or, more likely, F2P players will have small chances to get platinum (one example being the login bonus)