The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Name

AlienOvermind

A lot players dislike "Hydroid" name, and it sounds like a placeholder name actually. So, I was pretty sure the name is going to be changed. But it's still the same.

I'll remind there was also a good amount of nice names suggested by players. Mythological ones, like Acheron, Dagon, Levaithan, Nereus, Styx, Oceanus. Thousand of "hydro-" and "aqua-" derivatives too. Just change that weird-sounding "Hydroid" already please.

Edited by AlienOvermind

No, unfortunately it is no joke and no placeholder, this is the name and we are stuck with it. People have been raging about it all week from about 2 seconds after it was first heard on the livestream and i would say over a thousand alternatives have been suggested and they still used it, this is what we have to get used to from now on i am afraid.

Hydroid is a  Horiydd name

No, unfortunately it is no joke and no placeholder, this is the name and we are stuck with it. People have been raging about it all week from about 2 seconds after it was first heard on the livestream and i would say over a thousand alternatives have been suggested and they still used it, this is what we have to get used to from now on i am afraid.

Hydroid is a  Horiydd name

Guess we have to program our minds to say Hydro-id. 

Hydroid although sounding silly, is an actual real name. And is a stage of Jellyfish during growth.

Meaning its a legit name.

I get that there is a basis for the name, and that it logically makes sense, however it just doesn't sound right to me, and I don't really know why.

As long as the name is the way it is though, just call him thighdroid.

Edited by Darkjackal_2031