Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking And Counters

Zed0

Blocking is useless so far. You still get damaged, but you can block for a long time.

They need to chage it asap. Blocking for a duration like a stamina bar, but seperate - a new block bar.

Being able to block for a small duration - bullets & melee.

I'm not talking short duration as in 10 seconds, short duration as in half that.

5 seconds to deplete you whole block bar. It is enough to run while blocking to get to an enemy and attack them. Or maybe run from cover to cover. (This might open up new blocking mods - max blocking bar increase by 10%, blocking consumption decrease by 2.5 or 5% each starting with mod capacity of 5)

Maybe even introduce counter attacks for melee blocks? It won't be a very lethal attack, just increased crit chance and double damage (of a normal single melee slash) since the enemy is exposed and open for a deadly strike.

Not being able to block strong and powerful attacks - therefore stumble and being knocked back (not down) . Thus still being damaged but the damage is only half of what it used to be, since you made an attempt to block the attack.

Edited by Zed0

After reading the suggestion thus far I would combine the 2 idea. Given the beta trailer where Excalibur blocks bullets with his sword I say such should become possible to keep up with expectations of the game and the idea of "space ninjas."

As for a seperation for a block resource and a stamina resource is questionable in my opinion. I agree on the note that a cost should be places per block not simply on stance.

Maybe block still shares stamina resouce and block per strike = -% of stamina

Once again as OP said, this will give rise to new mod cards favouring either a defensive player or, when used in conjunction with other mods, a very agressive melee character able to close gaps even when fired upon heavily.

Parry system like Chivalry Medieval Warfare would be perfect; if not, a counter system would be nice.

Several times Ive been pummeled from behind, knocked down and destroyed randomly with no defence.

Exactly, we should be able to defend ourselves melee wise.

Not just keep spamming the melee attack button or better yet, the 'hit and run' tactic.

I disagree on the fact that blocking only costs when hit simply because, you would just block all the time.

On the other hand, if blocking is depleted while on stance. It would make you really think about wether to block or not.

Blocking would rely on skill - wether to block or not to block. Timing the block so you save that precious block-stamina.

Blocking cost on hit would make it way too easy. You would just block-stance if you think he's going to attack, if he doesn't it didn't cost you anything.

Unlike blocking cost on stance where you really have to think about blocking tactics, and timing.