Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana Idea (Fighting Style)

Inquisitioner

Since the weapon heavily incorporates Iado, drawing scabbard and back in again. Why not fight with it? 

Let me elaborate, some styles make use of the scabbard in fighting and never unsheathe the sword at all. Making this the standard movement and upon channeling while equipping the weapon unsheathing, that'd be both awesome and suitable alike. What I'm thinking is using normal melee for easy targets.. And only unsheathe and use the blade itself against stronger opponents upon channeling. Would be totally badass to do so on a boss run for example.

This is common in JRPG's, an example is Tales of Graces, which feature A-arts and B-arts. The a-arts are weaker, standard attacks. Meanwhile B-arts are more advanced. The main character in the game, uses a sword/katana and all his a-arts are executed through hitting his foes with the sword still in the scabbard, only upon using B-arts dose he unsheathe it and sheath it again when done or moving back to a-arts.

This could be done with just one Nikana variant or all.

Edited by Inquisitioner

Why should the nikana get more attention than the other ones?

Dosen't have to be limited to the nikana at all, its just that its already incorporating this pretty much and can easiest be modified to include this. I am open to other weapons and would be even better to have a brand new one, like i said, or some other variants.

Iaido style is for extreme masters, not used openly on battlefields. more for duels. 

I was hoping for a more of a Kenjutsu, style myself. I hope for more stances, styles over all for the Katana style weapons :D

I agree, I am very hopeful to see more and this is what I've always wanted and wished for from the game. You're absolutely right that its more for sports rather than real combat, but then again, the same could be said for using bows instead of lasers :D

I'd say it deserves it considering it's only got one stance at the moment whereas most other weapons have two.

Yeah, the main reason why I decided to suggest this officially. I normally don't post suggestions myself.

Edited by Inquisitioner

With the Nikana they have opened up so many avenues for different stance that I don't think they'll ever run out. I think the reason the Nikana only have one stance at the moment is because it's default animation is entirely different from any other melee weapon up to this point. So it basically got 2 stances. Can't wait to get home and kill Ruk with my Nikana

If only the sword was made with some sort of rare, unstable material that needed to be held in a specially-designed container most of the time and only removed in emergencies...

Hahaha, That's be even better!! A small chance of it exploding or alike resulting in self damage if unsheathing - with insane damage to compensate. To make sure its not accidental, gotta equip and channel to unsheathe naturally. Now that sounds like a fun gamble addition to the game, would definitely spice up duals as well in dojos.