The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perfect Buffs For Bladestorm

Stefanovich

Edit: I'm dumb and didn't know that Bladestorm already counts towards your melee combo. 1st idea = DE already read my mind. Thanks, DE.

Hysteria now has access to Channeling from U13, so...

- Let players activate Channeling during Bladestorm to deal high damage to the enemies that need that extra oomph to takedown.

What's that? A measly wittle Lancer? You can kill him just fine without Channeling. Oh snap, son. Napalm's about to get a stabb'n. Activate Channeling at that moment to deal even more damage to the enemy or enemies of your choice, just like how Steve said during the latest Live stream.

Paraphrase: "Players can activate Melee Channeling mid-combo to deal extra damage on those final, heavy hitting attacks."

As far as I can see, this change to Bladestorm is the exact same thing. Weaker enemies don't need the damage from Channeling to kill, but when you need that extra oomph, you got it with a small cost of energy.

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions below. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Stefanovich

I haven't checked since the first hotfix, so I'll need to look into this again: while Blade Storm's attacks do add to the melee counter, the damage is not affected by the multiplier. The number of hits added to the counter depends on the animation. For instance, the kick + double strike animation counts as four hits. Hits are not counted against Orokin drones, so they might not work with ospreys.

EDIT: I can confirm that Blade Storm's damage is not increased by the melee multiplier as of U13.0.4. Also, attacks on robotics (including ospreys and MOAs) are not counted.

Edited by PsycloneM