The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Desecrate Loot Chance

LordMelvin

So I was running some survivals looking for stance mods and I dusted my max-efficiency Nekros off to help get the most out of the poor Grineer we were slaughtering (hitting your enemies so hard their limbs fly off is hella fun) and I came across a particularly stubborn Scorpion body that took almost 20 desecrates to consume the corpse. So I got to thinking.

Desecrate currently has a maximum 60% chance to reroll the loot tables for corpses. More often than not I find that I have to waste a considerable amount of energy trying to get that initial roll to actually succeed. Now I understand that maximum efficiency means that I'm not spending that much energy per cast, but it shouldn't take 100 energy or more to get a single body to give up the goods.

I've come up with two solutions; either Desecrate has an innate 100% chance to consume to corpse, or it scales with power strength. Obviously the second loot roll would remain as is to prevent over-saturation of loot and keep the power balanced. I'm just frustrated that sometimes I spend all 150 energy in my frame to get pistol ammo or a health orb from one body.

Edited by LordMelvin

I don't know, a 100% chance would be a little much considering the amount of Health Orbs it generates as is.
 Scaling with power strength works for me.

In the meantime, what really helps me is only Desecrating when there's at least 4~5 bodies. Saves a lot of time and energy (pun intended). It's just more efficient.

I don't know, a 100% chance would be a little much considering the amount of Health Orbs it generates as is.

Scaling with power strength works for me.

In the meantime, what really helps me is only Desecrating when there's at least 4~5 bodies. Saves a lot of time and energy (pun intended). It's just more efficient.

I figured 100% might be much, especially since ammo can stack up quite fast if no one has ammo mutation mods. 80-90% would suffice I think.