Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Glaive Any Good?

Don't know how relevant I can be as a PC player, but the Glaive earns a lot of use by the fact that you can throw it, so you have a method to hit faraway enemies when you are out of ammo, and the bouncing means that you can hit more than one enemy in a throw via wall bounces.

PS4 has not received this update yet, but the Gleaming Talon stance for the Glaive is also supposed to be rather deadly.

Don't know how relevant I can be as a PC player, but the Glaive earns a lot of use by the fact that you can throw it, so you have a method to hit faraway enemies when you are out of ammo, and the bouncing means that you can hit more than one enemy in a throw via wall bounces.

PS4 has not received this update yet, but the Gleaming Talon stance for the Glaive is also supposed to be rather deadly.

How can your input on a PC game not be relevant? He's asking if it's good in this game.

Also, sidebar, Dark Sector *is* available on PC (and pretty cheap)

I would buy that game again on PS4.....IF THEY ADDED GODDAMN NG+ TO IT.

*shrugs*

I own it, got it in some humble bundle... haven't gotten around to even trying it yet... but I'm sure it was worth the approx 25 cents I spent on it ;)

How can your input on a PC game not be relevant? He's asking if it's good in this game.

Also, sidebar, Dark Sector *is* available on PC (and pretty cheap)

it's because OP plays on psn and pc already got melee 2.0, where basically anything is viable if you have the mods

it's because OP plays on psn and pc already got melee 2.0, where basically anything is viable if you have the mods

Yeah, but we're actually *more* qualified to tell him because of our experience pre and post melee 2.0.

We can give him feedback like "It's good because x but after melee 2.0 it's y" etc etc.

I will say that pre 2.0 the Glaive was a personal fav but I'm relaxing on using it now till they smooth out the issues with using it fully.

I heard a lit if complaints about Melee 2.0...especially for old favorites (and the galatin which I was told was awesome to use until then)

Right now the heavy weapons in general need a lot of work... they do more damage per swing but fast melee weapons do tons more dps and are far more effective.

There is an issue with getting the thrown weapons to throw smoothly; but DE will likely have it ironed out before PS4 launch.

*shrugs*

I own it, got it in some humble bundle... haven't gotten around to even trying it yet... but I'm sure it was worth the approx 25 cents I spent on it ;)

It's a fun game to play through.  By today's standards it will feel dated, but then again its 6 years old.

Doesn't worth even that much :3

It's worth it, the game is just an older title.