Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bit of feedback

Monis

First of all, I've been having a great time with the game. Really digging the whole space ninja thing. On the whole, the game's got a really solid base. Gameplay is nice and satisfying, chopping dudes in half, and laying waste to entire corridors of these poor souls just does not fail to bring a smile to my face. More tilesets would be awesome, and I have read that ya'll are working on that so good work there.

The progression system is good, I just feel like there should be a way to pro a frame or weapon with credits or just some way other than paying for plat. I do believe however that going the free route should take a significant investment of time. Other than that, what you have seems completely reasonable and you have said you're going to be making adjustments to the system, so once again, good work.

In regards to crafting in the game, I think what ya'll have now is a fantastic start. However, what all you can actually make seems a bit limited. Correct me if I'm wrong here but all you can craft are frames and super high end weapons. I think it'd be pretty awesome if you could find blueprints for mods and craft your own mods. This would provide something else to work towards as well as something to spend all our hard earned resources and credits on.

Also, speaking of frame blueprints, I don't really like how they only drop from 1 or 2 places and have a monsterously low drop rate. Just seems like to get a new frame you have to spend an insane amount of time running the same mission. Now, I'm perfectly alright with frame blueprints being really rare these are after all very high value items but at least spread their drop locations around a little bit.

Oh what else...oh right, a few things about the Rhino frame. with his idle animation when holding a pistol, his hands clip through his legs a little bit. Also, Rhino Skin as it stands is a really nice 'lol your bullets do nothing!' ability, but I think it'd be pretty awesome if it also added some knock down resistance. Maybe slow your movement speed while it's active, but I think that'd really convey the whole, juggernaut of death and destruction thing.

Anyway, that's all I've got. You've done a great job here guys and I'm really happy to see the original Dark Sector concept back.

P.S.

Any chance we could maybe at some point see a derelict broken down space ship wreckage tile set? Maybe something like a Space Hulk from Warhammer 40k : D Oh, and speaking of 40k, explosive mods. I want a bolter damnit!

edit:

Well damn, I just noticed that at lv 3 rhino skin there is some knock down resist. Thanks for reading my mind DE.

Edited by Monis