Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr And Melee 2.0

MushrooMars

I'll keep this one brief - Valkyr, being the most dedicated Melee frame in the game (next to Saryn and Volt), needs a few more changes to fit Melee 2.0 correctly.

1. Add a Stance slot to her, alongside her Aura slot. This stance slot will be unpolarized, and sit alongside her Aura slot; when the Ultimate is activated, Valkyr will start using animations belonging to the Stance she has. Without a Stance mod, she will use her default fists and claws, but when, say, a Katana Stance or a Whip stance is equipped, she will use a semi-transparent energy weapon appropriate to that stance. Alternatively, Valkyr's ult could adopt the stance of the Melee weapon she has equipped.

2. Add a Combo counter to her ult. Practically obligatory, and (I hope) this would be easy to do; she already has the ability to Channel and Block with her fists. Once a Combo counter is added, Ripline should extend the Combo duration of both her Ult and her regular melee weapon by 2-3 seconds once cast; Hysteria should have a similar effect. Currently, these two abilities interrupt the powerful combo multiplier and any cool melee kills performed with them (I.E. Ripline -> Slam Attack from Ceiling, or Hysteria -> Finisher) usually clear the Combo count.

I'll admit I am part of the "Redo Valkyr" crowd, but that's not the purpose of this thread.

With the new melee 2.0 out i think it would be and pretty awesome if they Scrapped the claws and instead activate a unique berserker stance that compliment the melee weapon type (Dual wield, Havey weapon, single sword, etc.) in that way it should be possible to add melee 2.0 to the Valkyr and make her true berserker.