Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Different Modifiers For Rifle Mods For Different Rifles

Shaftronics

As mentioned by many members of the community, the disparity of the difference between pistol and rifle mods are far too big, considering pistols get double, if not more, benefits when compared to most rifle mods (Multishot and damage, to name a few) and yes, it is understandable that it may cater to assault rifles such as the Braton, it may not work at all for the Snipetron or Latron and even the Burston.

My suggestion is to add a modifier to these weapons that affects the mods themselves, instead of making entirely new weapon mods for the variety of rifles (with the exception of the Paris, which uses Rifle mods).

For example, as the current generation of rifle mods were balanced for full-auto weapons, such as the Braton and the Gorgon, recieves a modifier of 1x.

Then we move onto the burst-fire rifles like the Burston. Maybe these could receive a modifier of 1.5x, meaning a damage mod that gives 10%, will give 15% instead.

The marksmen rifles, the Latron and the Snipetron, suffer from having very minimal improvements with the rifle mods, as they were tweaked for full-auto weapons, meaning a fully modded Lex is just simply better, considering the fact that there’s really no use for a scope against stationary targets or in the cramped confines of a ship.

As such, they receive a modifier of 2x, doubling the effects of all mods on them, effectively making them better than the Lex in their intended roles.

I realize this does raise a few balance issues, eg. Rate of Fire mods and reload speed mods receiving more of an effect, though I believe perhaps we could limit the modifier to damage-based mods only? Or just try it out and see how it all turns out?