Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Blocking Mechanic

Kurochikun

The very forgotten ability of blocking should be much better.

RIght now you still take a lot of damage and consumes stamina, its more worthwhile to sprint out of danger.

My suggestion is that blocking bullets should reflect them or at least protect 90% of the damage or instead have stamina deplete by hit while blokcing instead of constant if that seems overpowered. Blocking a melee strike should causes enemies to fall backward or be stunned.

This would open a whole new gameplay tactic, you could add mods that allow for more focused reflected bullets, or more blocking defence, or add elemental damage to enemies when they melee hit, or even add a short buff after blocking. Like 20% more melee damage after blocking for 2 seconds. It would also cover someone of the lacklust of Melee weapon mods.

I think the blocking is not yet clear enough to warrant such change. At the moment, your best bet would be increasing melee firerate to make it actually block.

From the look of it, I don't think that blocking is defensive technique since you can block only in the direction of your movement. It's an offensive technique which allow melee centric playstyle to closing the gap without taking too much damage.