Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Accuracy Numbers

kdrakari

I was just in the arsenal and looking at the weapon stats, and I noticed that the numbers listed for accuracy don't seem to mean anything at all, in any way. For example, the basic starting automatic rifle has an accuracy of 40.0 while the Snipetron (which needs to be accurate or else it doesn't really work as a sniper rifle) lists an accuracy of 13.3. So okay, maybe low numbers are better? Like, some measurement of the Cone of Fire angle? A bit confusing, but I could deal with that. However, then I looked at the Strun, the basic shotgun. Surely a shotgun would have poor accuracy, and sure enough it has the lowest accuracy: 4.0.

And now I can only think that those numbers just don't relate to anything. Otherwise the basic starting rifle is the most accurate weapon in the game (it does seem to be very precise, admittedly), with the sniper rifle being far less accurate OR the shotguns having pinpoint precision. I don't actually have any of these weapons to test them, but I'm guessing it's more of an issue with the wrong numbers being displayed rather than having the stats actually be so blatantly wrong.

It's seems assured that it represent the "not-right-clicked" accuracy, but I would like to know if it represents an angle measurement (as absolute degrees) or relative percentage of something (see melee weap cap at 100).

Edited by Vanadio