Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defence Mode

Imbaland

Just played a defend mission for the first time, and to put it plainly, it was $&*&*#(%&.

All any of the enemies did was take cover behind the numerous objects at elevated position around the objective, and shoot randomly/throw grenades at it. Because they continuously took cover, the only way to kill them was to run up to them and melee them. Becuause of the size of the area, this involved traveling quite a large distance for every single target.

Eventually, after taking ages to get to any targets, and them shoothing nothing but the objective the entire time, after 5 or so waves they just wore down the objective until it had no health left and was destroyed.

No one else has that problem.

How good of you to speak for everyone.

Sounds like the grineer defence mission.

Bring friends.....MMOFPS...that sort of thing.

Even at lvl 30 I would never attempt a defence misison solo, too many enemys from too many directions.

Meh, the game doesn't run that great for me when connecting to someone elses game. Maybe I'll try a different route for now.

Edited by Imbaland

Grineer / corpus defense missions can be hard to solo, precisely because they shoot from cover.

You can cover for this up to a point by just moving really fast and killing things fast (basically, outleveling the defense mission). But this only goes so far, I have yet to successfully solo 5 waves of Outer Terminus in Pluto. Those Corpus just instakill the objective, even if I oneshot all the corpus, I can't kill them fast enough :(

Ok I keep hearing about defense missions but when I goto the map, all i see are raids, infestation, capture, rescue, sabotage...etc. How do I find or join a defense?

You look for a point on the map that says defense. If you cant find any go to venus. kiliken (ice valley) and venera (corpus base) are very popular for the fact they are corpus defense missions (IMO the best ones short of infested) If you want infested go to europa- vaelfar

Defense missions are not meant to be soloed (or at least not by any warframe with any levels of mods and weapons).

The problem is not that they stay in cover. That is good. Try infested defense where you get swarmed from 4 directions. They are just not soloable, you need at least 1 more person to have a solid chance to make it to wave 5 and complete / enable the planet.