Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Salvage System

WetFlamez

I've been getting frustrated over the last couple of weeks because I spent a catalyst on a weapon, thinking that I liked it. Once it was near 30, I ended up not liking it. I know I'm not the only one who've experienced this before, so my friends and I were discussing about something called a "salvage system." Basically, when you're done with a weapon(that has been forma'd or catalysed) that you don't need, you can sell it for credits, or you can use credits to "salvage" it. If you decide to salvage your weapon, there's a chance to gain something out of it:

40% chance to gain nothing.

+10% chance to gain salvage(resource).

=50%

5% chance to gain Forma/Catalyst. The percentage goes up depending on the amount of formas you've spent on your     weapon (+1%chance/forma, -1%chance of gaining nothing).

+10% chance to gain resources(not all of the resources, just some. For ex. you could salvage an orokin cell back.) that       were used to make the catalyst/forma. (+1%chance/forma, -1%chance of gaining nothing).

+5% chance to gain weapon blueprint.

+5% chance to gain catalyst/forma blueprint. The percentage goes up depending on the amount of formas you've spent     on your weapon (+1%chance/forma, -1%chance of gaining nothing).

=100%

Credits: Xopolist: Name+ideas. Jimmy11410:Ideas. Me(WetFlamez): Topic+Ideas.

Or maybe make them tradable as they'll then have value with a catalyst in them...

You know people will start selling potato'd & forma'd weapons for 15 plat. That's cheaper than buying a single catalyst/reactor from the market, and would basically reduce DE's income.

Though, there isn't really a shortage of opportunities to get Catalysts, Reactors, or Formae; You can play casually and get 10 catalysts in 8 months. (I speak from experience.)