Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dagger Animation Issues

GrenoiR

I love the animations so far. I am very happy with how developers adress the melee aspect (its a fine line between something heavy and realistic and more anime style) However I would be happy if they get polished and refined even further, especially all running attack animations. I have noticed some animation issues with blocking. I understand that it may well be known to devs but I still wanted to point this out:

1.When blocking with dagger animation finishes warframes use the animation for seathing a longsword instead of the dagger one;

2. When blocking with a dagger and crouching, tenno simply runs with a 50% speed which looks really weird;

I appreciate all the great work DE is doing to make this game right! I would like with a suggestion: how viable it is to develop an aiming system for melee weapons alone? I ask beause right now you have this great dodging moves when aiming down the sights of your weapon and I would LOVE to see those useable while wielding a melee weapon. However, as of now you can only dodge forward (in any direction) and it also happens only after the attack animation has finished. Such (maybe realistic) inconvenience leaves us exposed to some attacks while otherwise we could dodge them. Ultimately this suggestion is a simple attempt to contribute to the equality amongst the three main aspects of combat: guns, powers, melee. Thank You!

Edited by GrenoiR

I donnow how fast they work... but the issue with sheathing animation seems to be resolved!) I cant believe they could react so fast! Well if its the case Im happy! (tested dagger animations only for now) Yeah thats exactly what I am saying the speed goes down but animation plays as if youre simply running forward...

PS Haha just played another match and... they fixed the running speed!!! Its normal now, so when you crouch and move forward pressing block will just make you block and run ;)

Edited by GrenoiR