Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Router Recommendation Needed.

Orbister

Question

So, it seems that my router is simply a piece of crap and will just not work well with warframe or warframe will not work well through it, whatever the case, the fact is that i just disconnected and connected my desktop directly to my source connection and i think that solved my connection issues ingame, so... what router are you guys using? can anyone recommend me a cheap common router that works well with warframe?

8 answers to this question

Not enough info given, what router did you use? What network configuration did you make on said router and on your PC? Firewall?

Most of today's routers can easily meet your needs, even the cheap ones.

So, it seems that my router is simply a piece of crap and will just not work well with warframe or warframe will not work well through it, whatever the case, the fact is that i just disconnected and connected my desktop directly to my source connection and i think that solved my connection issues ingame, so... what router are you guys using? can anyone recommend me a cheap common router that works well with warframe?

Not enough info given, what router did you use? What network configuration did you make on said router and on your PC? Firewall?

Most of today's routers can easily meet your needs, even the cheap ones.

I dont need to make this one work, i did everything necesary to make it work and its still giving problems, it is a belkin n300 though, but what i am asking is for someone to say "hey i use this one and works fine" i will take care of the configuration.

Does it say you have a strict NAT detected? When I power cycled my router once it gave me that error so I did it again and it fixed the issue. IF you want a reliable router though there are companies beside Cisco, NEtgear and Belkin. I see a lot of positive feedback from Asus routers (might take a little know how to configure it if you're running Open DD-WRT or Tomato firmware), Buffalo, etc., etc.

Edited by IAmTheWar

I dont need to make this one work, i did everything necesary to make it work and its still giving problems, it is a belkin n300 though, but what i am asking is for someone to say "hey i use this one and works fine" i will take care of the reconfiguration.

Ok, I use Mikrotik RB1200U and it works fine.

Does it say you have a strict NAT detected? When I power cycled my router once it gave me that error so I did it again and it fixed the issue. IF you want a reliable router though there are companies beside Cisco, NEtgear and Belkin. I see a lot of positive feedback from Asus routers (might take a little know how to configure it if you're running Open DD-WRT or Tomato firmware), Buffalo, etc., etc.

yes, the nat issue appears but not regularly, some days it says i have strict nat some days it doesnt, i can't find the pattern of what triggers the problem, most days it works fine but as im tired of its "attitude" i decided to just try a different one.