Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Roll On Landing

Imbaland

The little roll the character does when jumping a great distance is really cinematic, but really detrimental to gameplay. It makes it so that it is essentially impossible to do a pinpoint jump, as even if you position it perfectly, you will just end up rolling off whatever you jumped onto.

Considering the primary reason for rolling on landing is to convert downward momentum into forward momentum, would it be possible to have this roll triggered by players, instead of being automatic? Jumping could deal falling damage to the player unless the crouch button is held when landing, which would in turn perform the forward roll. This would at least give us some control over what the character does.

I agree 100%, if a roll needs to happen if you jump from a certain height that is fine, but jumping straight there should need to be something like if you hold shift mid-air you will roll when you hit the ground, else you won't. Pretty simple fix considering all the other processes the game has like this.

I haven't said anything about this as of know, but I have felt the effect of involuntary rolls effect my movement rather often.

Often enough that I have taken to automatically slide-jump every time I jump just so I don't execute this little roll...

Doing this move so often can leave me with slight overstrain in my keyboard-hand after prolonged gameplay... x-x

Slide landing is literally the ONLY way to land, leaving you with lots of control, ability to fire and reload.

I have actually found that the roll doesn't always happen... Not entirely sure but, I think its tied to the sprint key. Would have to test this out somewere to be perfectly sure.

True, I think that is true, a jump after a sprint will always end in a roll, a jump without sprint will have you land normally, and if you fall from greater height there is a short landing animation.

Edited by Sherbniz