Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prioritizing Mods?

(PSN)brentd25

Question

8 answers to this question

I think they're just referring to some mods being more essential than others.

Streamline has a higher priority than Intruder since it's 75,000% more useful. 

Or, it could be the Sentinel Precepts - putting their specific mods in different orders will prioritize them. Putting Warrior in the top-left slot of Wyrm's mod slots with Crowd Dispersion in the top-right slot will result in Wyrm shooting when he can more than using his CC ability. That's what's supposed to happen anyway, but he never uses his short-range ability when enemies are close by, he just shoots them since that has the higher priority.

Warframe Wiki can explain it better.

Edited by OptimumBow0

I remember vaguely reading about it some where, and a friend mentioned it the other day but just confused me with it when he explained it. Can someone put it into layman's terminology for me??

You'll need to explain what you mean about "prioritizing mods".  It means different things, depending on if you're talking about...

1) where to install mods on a weapon loadout

2) where to install mods on a sentinel loadout

3) which mods to favor when building a warframe or weapon loadout

4) which mods to try and acquire or level up first

Where to install mods in general, I'm about to start using forma and don't want to mess it up when I should have useda polarity slot somewhere else.

I'll take a guess and treat this as a question about weapons, then.  Priority matters for weapons because of elemental mixtures, and knowing how it works will help you know what elements will show up.  Think of mod slots having numbers, 1-8, with 1 as the upper left and 8 as the bottom right.  If a weapon has an innate element, treat that as number 9.  Let's use the Synapse as an example.

Synapse (default)

9) Electric

Synapse (with cold)

1) Cold + 9) Electric = Magnetic

Synapse (with fire and cold)

1) Cold + 2) Fire = Blast

9) Electric

The main thing to keep in mind is what order the elements show up.  It doesn't matter if they're toward the beginning or toward the end, as long as you remember how they'll combine.  If you forma a weapon and don't like where the polarities are set, you can swap their positions to make things easier to deal with.

I'll take a guess and treat this as a question about weapons, then.  Priority matters for weapons because of elemental mixtures, and knowing how it works will help you know what elements will show up.  Think of mod slots having numbers, 1-8, with 1 as the upper left and 8 as the bottom right.  If a weapon has an innate element, treat that as number 9.  Let's use the Synapse as an example.

Synapse (default)

9) Electric

Synapse (with cold)

1) Cold + 9) Electric = Magnetic

Synapse (with fire and cold)

1) Cold + 2) Fire = Blast

9) Electric

The main thing to keep in mind is what order the elements show up.  It doesn't matter if they're toward the beginning or toward the end, as long as you remember how they'll combine.  If you forma a weapon and don't like where the polarities are set, you can swap their positions to make things easier to deal with.

ok, that makes a lot more sense than what i was told the other day. keeping that same example then, does it matter where other mods go like serration and stuff like that?