Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have Been Hacked: My 1400+ Platinum Are Gone! Help

DLz47

Question

I was trading for stance mod with my friend. I pay 10 platinum for stalking talon. Then I ask him for the lex prime receiver (another trade session, not the same of the stance mod). And suddenly I was not be able to pay. So i leave the dojo and saw that I had 0 platinum. I quit the game and relog, but nothing. Even my account management says that I have 0 plat. But until 22:15 of today (Italian time) I had 1400+ platinum! HELP ME!

Edited by [DE]Megan
removed player name!

Good luck is all I gotta say. I lost a lot a plat back in an update awhile back and never got it back. So again good luck.

Please do no tell me such a thing! I'm already very afraid D:

I hope that this will not be the case, I hope in an happy end! By the way, why DE do not gave you back the platinum? What they told you?

Thanks! :)

O.O

By that logic they could just remove platinum of random people and never return it. NO ONE WOULD SUSPECT A THING!!!1

D:

D: OMG!!! We are screwed! Anyway I still do not have platinum and no response from the support.

i doubt someone hacked your account TBH. DE updates their anti-cheats literally every update, a weekly thing. they have a team that goes around and finds all the backwater sites that set up these cheats and then backcode through them to tighten security even more.

chances are very likely that there was a bug of some sort, or (and i doubt this and really hope its not the case) the plat you ended up with was 'dirty plat'. and by dirty plat, i mean plat that was obtained illegally via some credit fraud or something and you just ended up trading that dirty plat off of someone. very unlikely, but support would fix that as soon as they tracked all transactions leading to, and from any dirty purchases whether you liked it or not. that could take days to backtrack, and it would effect many accounts. but like i said, this most likely is NOT the case.

im siding with weird bug. considering how long its taking, you might not be the only one thats having the issue.

When I contact support it usually takes a little while but they get back to me with everything fixed. Seriously these guys are great.

(Haven't heard of a time they refused to restore platinum, I would assume they could track it better to verify what happened. Not calling you a liar though, anything could have happened and I may be wrong)

You should do T3 Defense, I hear you can get 1400 plat as one of the rewards. x)

But really, hope the problem is resolved.

Don't get my hopes up you cruel man!

But honestly, Good luck OP!  1400 plat is...more than I've ever had in my entire 1-year warframe career.  Dang.

There are a lot of people playing the game. I am quite sure the ticket queue is considerably long, and they'll get to you when they get to you.

They usually respond to me within the business week, so just be patient.

I'll be! :) Thanks

"In my country, Warframe hacks you"

Russia? :P :D

i doubt someone hacked your account TBH. DE updates their anti-cheats literally every update, a weekly thing. they have a team that goes around and finds all the backwater sites that set up these cheats and then backcode through them to tighten security even more.

chances are very likely that there was a bug of some sort, or (and i doubt this and really hope its not the case) the plat you ended up with was 'dirty plat'. and by dirty plat, i mean plat that was obtained illegally via some credit fraud or something and you just ended up trading that dirty plat off of someone. very unlikely, but support would fix that as soon as they tracked all transactions leading to, and from any dirty purchases whether you liked it or not. that could take days to backtrack, and it would effect many accounts. but like i said, this most likely is NOT the case.

im siding with weird bug. considering how long its taking, you might not be the only one thats having the issue.

I know that DEs work alot on this side of the game (anti cheat side i mean). And I do not doubt about their capacity, but as you know everyday a new method to cheat, appears. And as you may know, we had DDOS attack recently and in the Invasion event one node had been hacked and DE had to delete that node. And as you may know, some times (rarely luckly), we hear about "strange" exp points on some mission and "strange" speed on some warframe, ecc...

By the way I bought all my plat in the game store and gained via the trade, so unless someone trade me dirty plat, I should be fine.

You should do T3 Defense, I hear you can get 1400 plat as one of the rewards. x)

But really, hope the problem is resolved.

xDDDD Thanks! :)

When I contact support it usually takes a little while but they get back to me with everything fixed. Seriously these guys are great.

(Haven't heard of a time they refused to restore platinum, I would assume they could track it better to verify what happened. Not calling you a liar though, anything could have happened and I may be wrong)

Thanks, I'll hope for the best! :)

hope you get it fixed dude... I've only praise for DE's customer service.

Don't get my hopes up you cruel man!

But honestly, Good luck OP!  1400 plat is...more than I've ever had in my entire 1-year warframe career.  Dang.

Ok, DE finally answer me, and they said that I payed 1413 plat for the stance mod D:

Honestly I'm not such an idiot, and I can read numbers well (expecially in trade) and I'm sure that i put only 10 plat. But if a bug occurred meanwhile, I can not know it. So, I have not been hacked, but is bug. My friend, did not mention anything about the large amount of platinum, so there are two possibilities:

or neither my friend received the plat in the trade, and the platinum just gone to noone and they just disappear

or my friend is a son of a b****

Good news: DE have solved my problem! I have my platinum, and now is all fine! Thanks DE!

Here is a copy of the message they sent me:

Hi DLz47,

Thank you for that additional information. We're not exactly sure what caused the anomalous trade to happen, but we have reversed the trade completely. It doesn't appear to be the fault of anyone, and we are investigating further on our end to see what could have caused it. Regardless, you will now find the 1,413 Platinum back in your account, and we have returned the Sinking Talon mod to your friend.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, and we thank you for your patience and understanding as we investigated this incident.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at your convenience.

Thank you for playing Warframe!