Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For Evac Pods

Dancingfirefly

So, I've noticed that the evac pods seem to be individual spacecraft. So, why not make it so reaching the 'exit' allows a player to evac, while the rest of the team stays in the mission?

That player forfeits all future rewards and leaves to the menu, and can either stay in the menu until the rest of the team is finished or leave the squad.

Then if a player insists on rushing, they can just leave. Everyone else can continue killing things if they absolutely want to. It's kind of silly to put evacuation on a timer when, by what I can tell, evacuation pods are individual spacecraft operating independantly from each other. It's thematically more sensible to do this, not to mention it'll help to alleviate some of the problems with players who like to rush content.

Thoughts?

Edit: And as a random note, could make the evac pods represented as graphically 'used', so more players don't join a game that's already almost finished. Each 'used' pod restricts the player count in mission by that many.

Edited by Dancingfirefly

I kind of like the feel of exfiltrating with teammates, even if I can't see them. Seeing an empty ship slot would make me feel somewhat sad that a person could be so selfish and leave his teammates behind.

I've never had any significant amount of trouble with rushers, maybe I'm just lucky enough.

Relevant pic:

UNXUvJC.png

Apparently they're called Liset way back from 2004 Dark Sector. I called them Limpet ships lol