Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companions

JohnMarkLee

So I seen the new pets stuff coming and I thought about this "companion" system. Where you will have a companion who comes to aid you in missions when you feel like playing Solo because you know... Sometimes other players get annoying? And you want some friendly company. So I thought of these 3 types of companions. Who will all go in what is currently the sentinel slot.

Sentinels

What is currently already in the game. Deathcube, Carrier, Shade, Helios, Wyrm, Djinn.

Pets

I saw the new lama looking thing on the Devstream. Looks epic. So this section or type of companion will consist mainly of animals. Taimed animals. Addition to this feature could be a new gear. "Tranquilizer" Which has a 10% chance of catching, trapping and capturing a wild animal you find in a mission. 90% you will kill it, or it will escape. Increase the chance of each by putting rare resources in them. For example:

- Detonite Injector: Increases chance by 5% for every Injector you put in the tranquilizer to directly catch the animal. By default you will have a 90% chance of missing, it not working, or just slowing it down.

- Fieldron: Increases the time by 1 seconds for every Fieldron you put in the tranquilizer to contain the animal. By default it has a 5 second time before it wakes up.

- Detonite Amuple: Decreases the chance by 5% of the resistance of the animal fighting back. By default it has a 90% chance of morale and it will try to kill you, run away or break lose.

Note that when it wakes up it will immediately run away. No matter if its a offensive type animal. Ex. Desert Skate. Now that you captured the animal you need to tame it. The pet will have a max tame level of 30. For every 7 levels it unlocks a new ability that it will use on it's own free will. Each requiring a certain amount of stamina it needs to use it. Yes stamina regens for 5/s. Max Stamina will always be 100. The more wild it is to tame. The more it will not aid you during missions (Level 14 or lower) or abandon you fully (Level 7 or lower). If it abandons you during the mission you do not lost it. To increase the taming level you must:

- Fight with your pet +100-500 Xp

- Keep it alive during missions +150-750 Xp

- Feed it +50 Xp per food (They will also have a favorite food which is x2 Xp of regular food)

You can also upgrade their abilities just like yours.

So here is a brief example:

Desert Skate

lUb6HRT.png

Foods:

- Rubedo, Salvage

Favorite Foods:

- Morphics 

Abilities:

- Claw Wip ~ Normal melee attack for Desert Skate. (Level 7) 5 Stamina

- Camo ~ Goes underground with 50% less visibility to Desert Skate. (Level 14) 25 Stamina

- Screech ~ Screams at an enemy breaking their morale. 50% of hostiles in 75 meters perimeter will run away in terror, or because their ears hurt. For 5,10,15 seconds. Similar to Nekro's Terrorize. (Level 21) 60 Stamina

- Rapid Pellets ~ Desert Skate will rapidly shoot med-range pellets from the tail. Causing more damage from each pellet from impact. (Level 30) 100 Stamina

The difference for captured and bought pets are. Bought pets unlock 1st ability on level 1 and have a have a 50% better chance of being by your side.

​Mercenaries

Now these are my favorite. Also the newest type I thought of. These mercenaries will fit in to Proxy Wars. So as you progress with reputation with a organization or faction or whatever. Say you get to the point where they reward you with a mercenary. These guys will help you throughout your missions. They are similar to pets however here is the catch. You have to pay them. DAILY. Each day you have to pay them 5000 credits. Now, now calm down. Might seem like a rip off but they are mercenaries. However here is the thing. They will have a affection level. When you level up your mercenary the price goes down as he or she begins to like you. (No not sexually/romantically as a FRIEND) For every affection level he/she levels up they will -200 credits from their paycheck for you. At level 20 it will automatically be set to 1000 credits daily. And at level 25 you will get so much affection that they will be by your side forever with no cost. Giving gifts will also increase affection. Unlike pets mercenaries can have multiple favorites. The rarer the favorite the more affection xp you will gain from them. You will be able to upgrade their abilities just like the pets. Also if you do not pay them or don't have enough you will get 2 warnings. On the 3rd warning they quit.

Brief Example:

Section Kordova (S.K.)

5riG8x0.jpg

Acceptable Gifts:

- Alloy Plates, Polymer Bundles, Circuts

Favorite Gifts: 

- Orokin Cell, Fieldron or Fieldron Samples in quantities of 5

Abilities:

- Fire at Will ~ Fire the Snipetron in a constant fire rate until SK runs out of ammo. Thus causing him to reload after. The high fire rate will cost his accuracy. (Level 1) 2 Stamina per Shot

- Snip Butt ~ When enemies come in range SK will smack them with his Snipetron. Causing high melee and damage to target. (Level 10) 25 Stamina

- Fieldron Appliance ~ SK will inject both the Tenno & himself with Fieldron increasing their shield by 50% for the next 5,10,15 seconds. (Level 20) 50 Stamina

- Assassination ~ Unloads a single bolt to a target ,killing the target instantly, however this does not instantly kills a boss. Instead takes away 25% of their HP no matter their HP length. On impact the bolt releases a energy wave vaporizing surrounding enemy shields and decreasing their movement ability to those surrounding the target. (Level 30) 100 Stamina

Guardian Yerii

bsHTP7H.png

Acceptable Gifts:

- Alloy Plates, Morphics, Ferrite

Favorite Gifts:

- Detonite Ampule, Detonite Injector or Detonite Samples in quantities of 5

Abilities:

- Pole Swing ~ Normal pole-weapon melee attack. (Level 1) 5 Stamina

- Shocking Strike ~ Yerii's pole with charge a electrical strike that will cause electrical damage last for 5,10,15 seconds. Doing damage over time. (Level 10) 25 Stamina

- Roller Blast ~ Similar to Excalibur's Radial Javelin. However instead of releasing javelins the ability causes Yerri to spread sticky rollers, similar to those of the Seeker's, everywhere. Sticking to enemies and instead of blowing up it injects them with a toxin. This Toxin slows down their mobility and agility along with movement and does poison damage over a period of 5,10,15 seconds. (Level 20) 75 Stamina

- Grin-Bi-Jutsu ~ A Grineer version of the Bojutsu, Art of the Bo, which can also be used with pole weapons. Similar to Ash's Blade Storm, Yerii will go into a adrenaline rush and brutally and decisively kill all hostiles in the area. However not teleporting he will just run to them. Unlike Blade Storm he can be damaged in doing so. He will keep fighting until his stamina runs out and then he will rest and do nothing until he gets at least 50 stamina. (Level 30) 100 Stamina

Notes:

- Companions should be able to be equipped online.

- You only can have 1 companion equipped at a time.

- On Solo there should be a special Crew-Play mode. Where you can play with 3 of your companions. 1 Each Type.

- Along with the Specters you can send your companion to Dark Sectors to defend. However you can only choose 1 companion at a time. They will act like normal AI enemies but along with your modifications and upgrades. Sentinels acts like Ospreys/Drones. Pets act like infested. Mercenaries act like humanoid enemies.

Edited by JohnMarkLee

*Sits at his Corpus Business chair, starring for a long while at his Grineer-style Computer, while sipping on his Tenno-style Coffee* Yep, we totally need this. I get too lonely when Solo'ing an Orokin Derelict. Well, at least the Stalker's there from time-to-time to keep me company. Right Stal- OH MY GOD! WHAT ARE YOU DO- GAH! STOP THAT! TAKE THIS! MUHAHAH! HOW YOU DO LIKE IT- AHHHHHH-*Transmission ends*.

Having a zanuka follower would be really cool. Ah oh god no not on the dojo floors! The floors were just waxed too. T_T

*Sits at his Corpus Business chair, starring for a long while at his Grineer-style Computer, while sipping on his Tenno-style Coffee* Yep, we totally need this. I get too lonely when Solo'ing an Orokin Derelict. Well, at least the Stalker's there from time-to-time to keep me company. Right Stal- OH MY GOD! WHAT ARE YOU DO- GAH! STOP THAT! TAKE THIS! MUHAHAH! HOW YOU DO LIKE IT- AHHHHHH-*Transmission ends*.

Them joke comments :P

Edited by JohnMarkLee