The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova's Wormhole - Change From Door To Globe?

Qeveren

Just thinking of a slight change that could make Wormhole a bit more tactically useful when moving quickly:

Change the current two-dimensional door-type entrance to a globe that spawns around Nova.  This way, she teleports immediately, which lets you use Wormhole in any direction while falling or otherwise moving; currently, if you're not teleporting in the direction you're already going, you'll miss the gate.

The globe should otherwise act the same as the original, allowing other players (and NPCs) to walk into it and out the far end.

Yea/nay?

A globe.....hmmm, how big would it be?

I always thought it should be a circle or some type of vortex black hole looking thing instead of door lol. But a globe does sound much better, I use wormhole a lot when playing with others so we don't have to take stairs or to traverse across a large area.

Just to be sure, if the globe is around Nova when she uses it, would that mean one could sit in there, like an alternate dimension, and it could act as temporary shield for Nova. For her only, as others could only pass through it, unless allies are standing around her that is.

Wormhole is the unsuspecting but very useful and amusing skill of Nova. Funnily enough it worked pretty well before the devs "fixed" it... Before fix during U11 it had some problems if you stood in front of a railing, after fix it had problems all the way :(

I have to try if they meanwhile have fixed the missing height limitation on some Phobos tiles, where you could bug outside of the map with Wormhole.

Edited by TheAnnoyingGunner

If OP's change would fix the constant non-clipping issues with the 'teleport' trigger then I'm all for it. Current wormhole is a constant struggle with lag, finicky controls or whatever is causing non-clipping (including running straight through without triggering) and it just feels unreliable.

If OP's change would fix the constant non-clipping issues with the 'teleport' trigger then I'm all for it. Current wormhole is a constant struggle with lag, finicky controls or whatever is causing non-clipping (including running straight through without triggering) and it just feels unreliable.

Oh god so many times I throw a wormhole in an emergency and then just fall straight through the gate without teleporting. Argh! XD