The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Addressing Trinity/ Rework Suggestions

Adamant_Pariah

I posted this in another thread, I figure I would make a thread with theses suggestion also to get the out there, so they are not hidden in a post a couple of pages back.

I feel to adress blessing it shouldnt go to damage reduction, it becomes a more expensive link for herself and when I play trinity im always watching a players shields and if it drops too low I pop blessing to bring them back up. But I use blessing sparingly to try and not ruin everyones experience.

I would suggest having giving the ability two distinct features, the first isnt a change it is just a serperation of the two parts of her ult. When you intially cast blessing all players get the heal like the power does now, the heal also keeps the unlimited range. The second part of the power either( mobile or stationary) casts a ring (stationary) at the cast site or casts a Sphere(mobile) around trinity, that either grants invul inside the ring or sphere, but you have to stay in its radius ( about 15m) to stay invul. Or if invul is done away with, Id like to see the ring or sphere give constant quick heals and get rid of debuffs like poison or bleeding etc. toning down the god mode status.

But I believe all her powers need to be reworked, energy vamp and well of life should not have to be cast on a enemy to work ( most of the time they die or your teammate kills them before you get any benefit from it) it should be like vaubans abilities, that way you dont blow energy and not gain benefits from it. That way you cant actually use the abilites and leave blessing as a OH $*** button.

Link could be changed as well to fit the support role she plays. (Now what Im about to suggest only works if her first two powers change to what I stated above) Her link would connect with her team mates instead of enemies, now if trinity is standing in range of her vamp or well and she gives the benefits to her temmates who may not be in its range. for this to happen link would have to get a boost is the range department( 25-35m), and vamp and well would have to be reduced(15m). The damage reduction should stay to give her a bit of survivability, and players your linked with gain half of the damage reduction she gets( again applying a support role).

What I have suggested moves trinity from being tank/ god mode enabled and moves her to support like she is suppose to be!

what Do you guys think about what I suggested?

Edit: I thought about it after posting, her first two abilities could use the same animation as her ult(just faster) and it will radiate from the spot it was cast as energy vamp does now, that way you cant just throw health and energy.
Edited by Adamant_Pariah

I rather enjoy the idea of getting 20 or more rewards in one Survival match. I want the chance to go further. The only thing being discussed should be ways to do this with any combination of frames. Even Nova's ultimate stops pounding at level 50ish. Same as any other. Nova's ultimate is the only one that was done RIGHT. It's all the OTHERS that are just UNDERwhelming. When damage fails, you need to survive long enough to get what little damage you deal in. This is Trinity's job. You are asking for Trinity to be made into a tool with no purpose. That has been played out before, I've heard. I imagine most everyone who desires these nerfs either has never played level 80 enemies and higher or has no desire to. I do. And I would like to continue doing so. What they propose would keep me from this. What gives them that right?

I have never once heard a team ask me to cease the invulnerability. Never. They always have the option to ask Trinity to stop spamming it. Same with Nova. If I heard such a request, I would comply with it. I've been in Xini sessions with Vauban where I'll blanket the map in Bastille so that nothing moves for about 15 seconds. I've been asked to stop many times. I've always done so. Everyone has fun. Speak up. Be respectful. Let's bring that back to the gaming world.

I do like the ideas for Well and Energy Vampire. But they might be hard to implement. Those abilities, Energy Vampire in particular, are immensely powerful. If they can simply be tossed like Vauban's grenades or placed, it would be hard to code them correctly. You obviously don't want multiples. The main problem is that they NEED that target, otherwise, with the way abilities work in this game, you would most likely be able to deploy multiple instances of it as the cooldown is reset upon the death of the object. Take away that object and you have no cooldown. This ability remains after it is cast. Like Vauban's abilities. Therefore, I would say infinite team energy and life would result from this. Energy Vampire and Well of Life are the way they are for a reason. Good idea though.

Whatever happens, happens. I think there are more important things to focus on.

Edited by Prodromata