The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux & Charge Sniper

Edgedemon

continuous weapon already have sidearms, rifles and shotguns and i was considering that they should get a Long Range one.  But how to avoid a longer range Flux Rifle to replace the current one... then Lanka came to mind.

i'm thinking on a weapon which incorporates

a)  around 50-60 meters Long Range, so its worthwhile shooting instead of walking there and using another gun.

b) inherent punch through

c) Higher Base Damage continuous damage on shorter 1 or 2 seconds bursts which is easy to get with lower ammo capacity and mid-fast reload speed to make reload take place of normal guns fire rate.

d) Charge and Release trigger with damage relative to the Charge. which would let you move while having one shot loaded but still punish missed shots

e) a small 1 second daze on full charge hit so the enemy would take the full damage of a well aimed shot

that way you could have a concentrated hit or a lower damage sweeping cut and reduce a little sniper miss punishment correcting aim for a fraction of the damage.

it is a weapon i at least would like to play.

also model cannon could either split while charging (like dragoon but in reverse order more charged more open)

or open and perhaps release a little smoke after a shot or while on reload to simulate cooling

I'm assuming you're suggesting a new gun with these properties (or a buff to the Flux), not changing the Lanka to have these properties.

If I am assuming incorrectly, I would like to suggest you use a cactus to sodomize yourself, as that would completely and fundamentally ruin the Lanka in my eyes, which is something I've spent a lot on pampering for (potato and 5x forma).

So you want like, a longer range Flux with a higher efficiency mode? Was what I got from this.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I'm assuming you're suggesting a new gun with these properties, not changing the Lanka to have these properties.

you're right i'm suggesting a new weapon.

i'm also a user of lanka and that's an energy bolt not a continuous fire, but i find its charge mechanic fun and interesting in comparison to normal point and click

So you want like, a longer range Flux with a higher efficiency mode? Was what I got from this.

yes something like that, flux rifle is the closer to a laser gun we have here, but forces you to use it in a shotgun like range where many other weapons surpass it by far even others continuous fire.

but to make it distinct and not just a longer range one i proposed  charge mechanic and burst like fire.