Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specter Abilities

-Hyperion-

So a problem I've noticed many players have with specters is its lack of ability usage. What comes with that is the desire for a specific ability to be cast. After all, we have to admit there are several frames with one specific ability that would be a great support (I.E. Trinity's blessing, Nyx's Chaos, etc.). Having, say, a Loki specter using Invisibility doesn't really help the player. Therefore, along with any future AI updates, we should be able to select the priority of an ability. When I say this, I'm talking about things like the Sentinel ability slots. If you put it up first, it's prioritized first. However, we may want to make it so all specters still need to have all four abilities, just for balancing. For example, a Nova specter with its owner setting it to only have MP could be considered unbalanced, or a Trinity with only blessing. Being able to select the prioritization of abilities--but no mods affecting ability power, range, duration/general tankiness because that would be OP--would allow different support roles the specters could fill. Especially since we can have 4 potential different loadouts, each with its own support role (I.E. Crowd Control, Healing, Giving energy, bullet sponge, or Speed). This way a Loki Specter can save your &#! by casting Radial Disarm instead of going invisible and just shooting. On a final note, each ability should have a cool down, with "ultimates" having the longest cooldown (possibly a faster cooldown if prioritized first?). This way we won't have things like Blessing cast every 10 seconds.

Do you guys see it the same way? Feel free to post any feedback regarding the aforementioned idea.