The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The (Lanka) Shock Skin(S)

Leetium

I am pretty happy that DE decided to make a Corpus-only skinpack now, but i can't quite get my head around a single issue, which i hope we all share.

Why is the second or third colorfield so damn shiny? is it supposed to give enemies a seizure or laser their eyes out before my lanka can put his moves on them?

we probably will never know, but i hope DE will someday make all surfaces of this skin just as reflective as the other.

here, this is what i mean by "too reflective"

http://puu.sh/8zbXs.png

Goku's Solar Flare can't hold a can to that shiny-ness.

In case you ask: the colorscheme is RED RED BLACK GREEN GREEN

Edited by Leetium

The description says that the skins are designed to disrupt robotic sensors. Plus, people stated a want for metallic customization options on their weapons. This is how DE decided to give it to them.

I am pretty happy that DE decided to make a Corpus-only skinpack now, but i can't quite get my head around a single issue, which i hope we all share.

Why is the second or third colorfield so damn shiny? is it supposed to give enemies a seizure or laser their eyes out before my lanka can put his moves on them?

we probably will never know, but i hope DE will someday make all surfaces of this skin just as reflective as the other.

here, this is what i mean by "too reflective"

http://puu.sh/8zbXs.png

Goku's Solar Flare can't hold a can to that shiny-ness.

In case you ask: the colorscheme is RED RED BLACK GREEN GREEN

Solar flare was tein. Goku had spirit bomb

In my opinion the problem is you have Bloom enabled.

How do you even see anything when there's a Nova in your party?

I'll toss up a screenshot of mine shortly, last I checked for it, there was no skin for the Lanka. Absolutely love the Dera's, though.

EDIT: Oh, it's hiding under bundles instead of Weapons->Primaries->Skins. Right. Of course.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

The shine really is out of place.

The shock camo is obviously based on the Dazzle camouflage patterns that were popular on World War era Naval ships.  The idea behind the dazzle pattern wasn't to hide the ship.  Instead the goal was to cast doubt on the ships size, range, and heading.

There was nothing metallic and shiny about it.  It was just a crazy pattern.  DE should make the shock stripes matte so that you can actually SEE your colors.  As things stand, the stripes always look "lense-flare white."

If they want to introduce metallic options for the community, then they should introduce a metallic color palette.

Edited by GeneralArmchair

Yeah bloom is definitely your primary problem

FSDEZ2s.png

That and the terribad lighting of the arsenal screen.

I usually play with Dynamic Lighting off, so the extra shiny doesn't really show up with how I normally look at things. Prolly why I never noticed this.