The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Complete Trinity Rework Concept

Namacyst

1st skill Well of Life 25 Energy - Make it an Aura with 10 Metre base range eminating off Trinity, lasting 7/9/10/12 seconds, pulsing every second healing 1/2/3/4% of targets max hp

2nd skill NEW SKILL Trinity Veil 50 Energy - Shrouds Trinity in a Veil of Energy for 2/3/4/5 seconds. During that time Trinity 1. becomes the Focus of any enemy within 12/14/17/20 metres (taunt) 2. negates any incoming damage for trinity making her invulnerable .. and 3rd reflects any damage that would be taken back at the attacker, boosted by 100/150/200/250%

3rd skill Link 75 Energy - Make link target allied players instead of enemies with 7/9/10/12 metre base range, lasting 5/6/7/9 seconds, granting 35/40/45/50 +5% per linked player (with 4 players netting a total of 70%) incoming damage reduction. IF atleast 1 player is linked it also gives status effect immunity for all linked players.

4th skill Blessing 100 Energy - Make Blessing what the name suggests.. a blessing: Increases Max HP, Max Energy, Max Stamina and Move(Sprint)speed by 2/4/6/8% for 5/6/7/9 seconds within 5/10/15/20 metres and adds a Energy regeneration of 0.5/1/1.5/2 per second for the duration.

Thoughts behind it:

Since every skill has a duration (so it cant be recast while active) AND a specialized usefullness while it's active (Heal or damage reduction or incresed stats) it encourages Trinity players to use all of them and due to low duration reactive gameplay is encouraged (Trinity Veil, Link) but not spammy since Fleeting Expertise will hurt her much due to the reduced power duration it brings and not all skills can be casted all the time with the energy pool so the player has to choose.

Most of her skills have low range so either Trinity has to stick to a player (the players) or the players have to stick to trinity encouraging group play. If you fight alone.. you die alone.

All of her skills fit the role of a supporter and she keeps her short invulnerability to stay alive to help teammates. Trinity Veil should dish out a good amount of damage so she becomes more viable as she is with the old link when it comes to do some ability damage while still maintaining her role as a support with the implemented taunt mechanic.

Stacking power mods should not benefit her as much due to the low base skill durations and benefit percentages but range mods should fit her well.

Disclaimer: This is a concept! Duration, range and benefit numbers are as i see them fit and i believe DE_Scott knows better what to put in there but the thoughts behind my skill changes and how to play should explain enough.

Not really much to /discuss here but i can't stop you ;)

Cheers

Edited by Namacyst

IMO there are two problems there:
- invulnerability without drawbacks in 2 (maybe she shouldn't be able to attack or move for the duration, like Absorb)
- infinite energy in 4 (with narrow minded, fleeting expertise, streamline, continuity and aura helmet it's the new old Rhino).

Edited by The_Doc

In case this thread reaches 20 pages and my two threads reaches page 20 I'd like to post the link where you undoubedly got these ideas from.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/227741-make-trinity-the-well-of-life-and-energy-vampire/ <-- make 1 & 2 auras on trinity (albeit yours is a nerfed version of mine)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/227726-a-balanced-nerf-to-trinity-blessing/ <-- a nerf to trinity's 4 that keeps it powerful but makes it impossible to abuse

yours on the other hand is an even more powerful Blessing. WTF? Blessing is OP, it needs to be nerfed.

The problem (as you pointed out in my thread) is that Trinity's 1 & 2 are too poor and 4 is too powerful. Your suggestion seems to be to buff Blessing to the point where MP looks like Slash Dash while buffing 1 & 2, pay no mind to the fact that with your blessing idea there's no need for 1 & 2 anymore.

IMO there are two problems there:

- invulnerability without drawbacks in 2 (maybe she shouldn't be able to attack or move for the duration, like Absorb)

- infinite energy in 4 (with narrow minded, fleeting expertise, streamline, continuity and aura helmet it's the new Rhino).

Don't see a problem with 2, duration is very short, skill is intended to draw fire, dish out a bit of damage and can be used for reviving, getting in range for the teammates to benefit from Aura/Link.

Skill 4 can be a problem if you equip the mods you suggested (i don't count the Helmet because they become exclusive soon) but you will really hurt your durations with it. Energy regeneration could be lowered to 2x energy siphon .. right now it's nearly a full energy siphon team (4x).

As i said... my numbers may not be perfect because i can't program and test it in the game.. and change it if it does not work. I just estimate.

In case this thread reaches 20 pages and my two threads reaches page 20 I'd like to post the link where you undoubedly got these ideas from.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/227741-make-trinity-the-well-of-life-and-energy-vampire/ <-- make 1 & 2 auras on trinity (albeit yours is a nerfed version of mine)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/227726-a-balanced-nerf-to-trinity-blessing/ <-- a nerf to trinity's 4 that keeps it powerful but makes it impossible to abuse

yours on the other hand is an even more powerful Blessing. WTF? Blessing is OP, it needs to be nerfed.

The problem (as you pointed out in my thread) is that Trinity's 1 & 2 are too poor and 4 is too powerful. Your suggestion seems to be to buff Blessing to the point where MP looks like Slash Dash while buffing 1 & 2, pay no mind to the fact that with your blessing idea there's no need for 1 & 2 anymore.

My ideas undoubtebly always come out of my head and from nowhere else.

I thought about what Trinity can do now and how one could rework her skills to make all of them viable and removing Blessing + Link abuse and Global Blessing immortality abuse but still stay true to Trinity's design concept: being a supporter.

Giving her a Aura, turning Link into a group buff and toneing invulnerability down to a short Trinity only buff seemed the logical choice...and Blessing.. i mean MY Blessing rework is nothing compared to the current Blessing. All it does is boost stats and scales them depending on their base. It wont make lvl 5 Warframes invul.. only max level, good modded frames benefit of it and those frames play high level missions where scaling survivability is beneficial without taking all the fun away by just making them invulnerable.

You should read my concept again and think about it.. maybe it will be clear then.

Doesn't matter what mods you equip if blessing gives max energy and makes you invulnerable. It's literally godmode even with no mods other than Blessing.

Where does Skill 4 say that it makes invulnerable? Skill 2 does and only for Trinity herself..for 5 seconds on max rank. You really did not read the whole thing, huh? -.-

Edited by Namacyst

My bad. Still, if it gives full energy what's the point of it costing anything?

If you have 150 energy, you cast it, you're down to 50, but it gives you full so you're at 150 again, its basically free. At rank zero with fleeting it only lasts 2 seconds, meaning you can keep spamming it every other second and keep everyone at full health, energy, stamina for free forever. That's almost more powerful than Blessing is right now. Geez.

Don't see a problem with 2, duration is very short, skill is intended to draw fire, dish out a bit of damage and can be used for reviving, getting in range for the teammates to benefit from Aura/Link.

Skill 4 can be a problem if you equip the mods you suggested (i don't count the Helmet because they become exclusive soon) but you will really hurt your durations with it. Energy regeneration could be lowered to 2x energy siphon .. right now it's nearly a full energy siphon team (4x).

Skill 2 could be boosted to almost 12 seconds of invulnerability... a bit too similar to the old Rhino IS (not counting Aura helmet).

And now that you mention ES, with a full team of those and a max duration 4 without Aura helmet you effectively get infinite energy.

I don't see a way to make those powers viable and balanced at the same time :/

My bad. Still, if it gives full energy what's the point of it costing anything?

If you have 150 energy, you cast it, you're down to 50, but it gives you full so you're at 150 again, its basically free. At rank zero with fleeting it only lasts 2 seconds, meaning you can keep spamming it every other second and keep everyone at full health, energy, stamina for free forever. That's almost more powerful than Blessing is right now. Geez.

Where does it say it gives full energy? Jeez...

Again: It increases the max Energy the affected Warframe has by 8% .. so if the warframe has a maximum of 100 energy then after Blessing it has 108 max energy.

Skill 2 could be boosted to almost 12 seconds of invulnerability... a bit too similar to the old Rhino IS (not counting Aura helmet).

And now that you mention ES, with a full team of those and a max duration 4 without Aura helmet you effectively get infinite energy.

I don't see a way to make those powers viable and balanced at the same time :/

If DE allows duration mods to work on skill 2 that is. They could make the duration flat.

For skill 4 the removal of the energy reg is an option.. i just wanted to fit some energy regeneration in her skillset somewhere.

Your team buffs let you be one shot anyway by level 80 +... Healing is not possible in warframe because when it's really needed it's already too late.

The only solution I see personally is a massive damage reduction for the Trinity's blessing, like 99% (with all things maxed) reduction for the casting trinity and 96% for the team, with at least and ever 1 hps taken by any hitting attacks.

With such you could envision high level play but you have to take care and your shield hps are continuously and gradually more and more solicited, untill you begin to take big hits, but these ones can be healed.

If DE wanted you to not be oneshot by lvl 80+ Enemies they would let Blessing stay the way it is now. If you max Power Strength her Link will reach near 90% DR when all teammates stay together. That's the whole quintessence behind my rework.. the team staying close together to get maximum protection.

Leave blessing alone, lvl 600+ mobs are hard enough as is.

Blessing is no OP,

Infact a buff for when you need it in high lvl defence or survivals would be a good idea.

Or just cut the casting time by 75% =)

Leave blessing alone, lvl 600+ mobs are hard enough as is.

Blessing is no OP,

Infact a buff for when you need it in high lvl defence or survivals would be a good idea.

Or just cut the casting time by 75% =)

If you can get that far then no, no they are not hard enough as it is.