Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selectable Difficulty Levels

OmegaPaladin

There is disagreement on the proper level of difficulty. That much is obvious from numerous discussions.

This is is not a new issue for gaming, and the solution I am suggesting is certainly not new. Selectable difficulty levels were present in games I played as a little kid on the Intellivision. They are in use in numerous PVE / Co-Op games already, and they add to the lifetime of a game.

When players join a session, they would vote on difficulty first, then vote on mission. Difficulty could be changed by vote later on. We have numerous word choices that are established in the Warframe lexicon, like Silver and Gold, or Initiate, Hunter, Master etc. Have the art team make a graphic to go along with the difficulty levels - I am very confident they could make an awesome set of symbols. To start with, the difficulty could scale damage dealt/received, with a possibe change in the rate of health/energy drops or the number of enemies spawned. If they want to work on this later, enemy AI could be improved on higher difficulty.

These higher difficulties would offer superior drop rates for mod cards and fusion cores, along with higher cash rewards. There could even be special challenges on weekends that work like long Alerts, with excellent mission rewards, and require high difficulty levels.

I think this could broaden the appeal of warframe and smooth out the effects of rebalancing and the like. I'm not so naive as to think this would end complaining, but I'd imagine it would reduce the complaints as long as no item / game advancement was made exclusive to higher difficulty.

Comments / Opinions?

Thats a good idea, I als[size=4]o.[/size][size=4] think difficulty should be scaled based on amount of players in a mission, and if one decides to go solo mode. Maybe even based on the rank of the players and their weapons in the mission, but that might be too difficult to impliment. However I'd imagine scaling difficulty and mobs spawned based on the amount of players in a mission (cause it does happen when you get stuck in an online mission by your self, or just you and a friend and no one else joins even though is online mode) shouldn't be too hard to impliment.[/size]

No Rank scaling. Doesn't matter if you've hit Rank 30 somehow, if you're leveling all new gear you're worse than I am with my high level gear.

I said Rank of warframe, and weapons. Actually rank of warframe regardless if you are lvling new gear or not does make a big difference, because a lvl 30 warframes abilities are most likely maxed out assuming they upgraded their ability mods, and probably has power effiency, duration, max mods, or even vit and shield and armor.

None the less, I said AND WEAPONS.

Although it'd unquestionably require more work, one option that would be awesome is if players could select the weapons the enemies will have available. For example, Grineer troopers could use Boars or Heks rather than Struns.

Perhaps even a slider to influence the UI, so people can choose to make them more defensive or more aggressive.

'course the infestation would remain the infestation.