Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wild Animals, Hunting Zones, Dojo Rooms!

JohnMarkLee

So I like how DE is finally adding on to the Wild "faction". They should keep on adding animals to the game to make it feel more live. Now with these addition of animals I would also like:

Hunting Grounds/Reserves Zones

Similar to the Dark Sector these reserves are placed outside the main link of missions. However to access them you must finish all missions on the world. The mission mode in this will be different from any other mission. Going to be called Hunt for now. The point of this game mode is to go hunt animals in their wild habitat. Some will run away other will not. All animals can be killed. There will be 2 types of animals:

Predators:

Dangerous animals. You won't have to go after them they will go after you. Some times they will be hunting other animals and if you bother them. They will go at you. 

Peaceful:

These animals go around eating the planets or decaying animals (scavengers) in the area. They will not bother the player. However its best to stealth or ambush them as they will run away if you get too close. Tacticians will be great at this.

Ex. Vauban is up ahead readying his ability. Volt alerts the herd and luring them towards Vauban. When the herd gets close Vauban traps them in mid air. They get killed their.

When you hunt and kill a prey. You have to collect the carcass. Collecting will trigger in a mini-game similar to the terminal hacking. You will have to successfully finish 3 mazes using your mouse to move to the finish line. However scavengers and predators are coming by the smell of blood.

What types of animals and environment will depend on the world you are in.

Ex. Phobos = Desert Creatures, Earth = Jungle/Forest Creatures

These reserves will also have a market stand. Where a Grineer or Corpus (depends on world) merchant is there to collect what you sell him. Depending on how many and what you sell him is your reward. You will also be able to donate or gift a animal to the Dojo (see Dojo rooms) but that will cost credits.

Ex. Sell 10 Deer (No Deers just example) = 1000 Credits or 50 Rubedo. Donate 1 Deer to Dojo = 1500 Credits

If there is ever a oceanic, sea or under water tileset. We should have the ability to go into the water and swim around. Killing Grineer and Corpus underwater. However this will add fishing and underwater hunting.

These zones will also be a 2nd part of the Dark Sectors on a world. However they cut off the Dark Sector. Losing a Dark Sector will result in losing the hunting grounds. Location will be lost and the new clan/alliance will have to set up another one in the Orokin Lab. Clans/Alliances will be able to tax your poaching rewards.

Dojo Rooms

Exhibit:

A zoo to store animals you donated from the Hunting Zones. Instead of being caged they will be free roaming... IN THE ROOM. They won't be allowed to leave the room, you cannot kill the animals. Room will be large with 4 sections with different environments:

- Forest/Jungle

- Tundra

- Desert

- Grassland

Animals will wander the room in their own habitat section living as if they were in the wild. Animal limit for each section will be 4. You will have to option to house your pet in here if he is with you.

Aquarium:

Alternative for the Exhibit. Marine and amphibious animals will be placed here. The room will be a large room and when you enter 2/5 of the room will be sand, while the other is water. You will have the choice to jump in the water and swim with the marine animals. Amphibious animals will like to switch from swimming into the water and resting on the sand. There will also be a small elevator (like the one in the Temple of Honor) which leads you down to a underground aquarium under the sand. There you will see a giant glass wall showing the amazing scenery of the marine animals swimming around.

The full map

jEm5ZsO.png

The Underground Aquarium

y1C02mN.jpg?1?5812

0YDC8vY.jpg?1?7675

Arena:

A gladiatorial-like arena, some-what like the Roman's. However not as large and is where predators will be placed. Other Tennos can watch from the side while the Arena unleashes deadly predators at you. Arena limitations.

- Cannot use abilities

- No peaceful animals

- Animals come in waves depending on their species

- 12 players only

Gear/Equipment

New gear can help with this...

- Flares: A projectile flare that scares peacefuls and distracts predators. 

- Tranquilizer: A gun that shoots a sleeping dart to "stun" a target for 10 seconds.

- Bait: This is more of a category of gear. You can place bait to lure animals in. Different type of baits can be bought from market and crafting from mission rewards. (see mission rewards)

Ex. Meat for Preadtors, Veges for Peaceful, Carcass for Scavengers, Plankton & Small Fish for Marine.

- Alert Whistle: A whistle that attracts predators and causes peaceful to migrate. 30 second cool-down.

Trophies for Temple of Honor

You will be able to donate to the Dojo as a trophy decoration for the Temple of Honor at the Market Stand.

Mission Rewards

Mission rewards are earned from the merchants. Exiting mission without visiting the mission will make you lose your captures. Rewards include:

- Resources

- Credits

- Trophy

- Hunting Gear Blueprints

More Animals

For all of this to work you need to add more wild animals! Comon DE! I dont care if it takes until Update 25! Just please make it happen!

Edited by JohnMarkLee

Reminds me of the Monster Hunter, I like it.

But in all seriousness it would break the repetitiveness of shooting at the same annoying mobs over and over again.

I like diversity I really do but there is no challenge in walking up to an enemy and having your shields and energy depleted in a second.

The Hunt mode might actually bring a fair challenge, I could spent most my time hunting if it was a cross of MH and Evolution.

Now I want to wrestle a space shark with my Rhino, carry it back to the dojo and fight it on a regular basis.

Also there need to be creatures that make you go 'damn nature, you scary' that are rare, terrifying and drop suitable loot. Imagine some kind of Loki/Ash skin made from the scales of a giant murderous space chameleon for example.

Now I want to wrestle a space shark with my Rhino, carry it back to the dojo and fight it on a regular basis.

Also there need to be creatures that make you go 'damn nature, you scary' that are rare, terrifying and drop suitable loot. Imagine some kind of Loki/Ash skin made from the scales of a giant murderous space chameleon for example.

Wrestle a space shark... xD

Reminds me of the Monster Hunter, I like it.

But in all seriousness it would break the repetitiveness of shooting at the same annoying mobs over and over again.

I like diversity I really do but there is no challenge in walking up to an enemy and having your shields and energy depleted in a second.

The Hunt mode might actually bring a fair challenge, I could spent most my time hunting if it was a cross of MH and Evolution.

Yeah the repetitive run n gun just for grinding and farming is tiring. It also more irritating that you have to do it MULTIPLE TIMES. To get the item you want to craft...

Come to think of it - on some of the Corpus home worlds you can sometimes hear the sound of some creature roaring in the distance. 

I always wanted to encounter whatever it was that was making the noises.

^ Gives me an awesome idea... the ability to craft Trophy weapons derived from animal parts. They would be like hunting totems advertising your prowess in taking down a extremely dangerous quarry.

Edited by YourBusDriver