Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Parts On The Market

Quetzhal

So I posted this as a bit of a side note on a different thread, but since it's about a different thing, I figured I'd put it in a separate topic for discussion.

Right now, you can either buy Warframes on the market for Platinum, or you can buy the blueprint for credits and slowly grind for the various other blueprints and parts that you need. But why not put individual parts on the market as well? For platinum, of course.

There are people who have already gotten the blueprint and grinded for most of the materials, for example, and can't get that one blueprint that they still need no matter how much they grind. That's plenty of incentive to spend a little bit of money to get that last needed part. There are also players who aren't willing to pay the price for the entire Warframe, but don't want to grind everything they need, either. So they might grind a bit, and when they decide they're tired of grinding, they could just buy the rest of what they need.

Basically, it gives people more of a reason to buy platinum. It doesn't matter whether it's the blueprints or the parts themselves that are offered (the latter might be better, I guess?), but it should attract more customers, all in all. More profit for the game, more resources can be put into it, etc etc. What do you guys think?

Ehrmm... No, if you want something free, better be going for it. But making part BPs as plat is a big no no. Just a big one.

Are u sure there will be one? xD

Aw ur edit made my post look weird :P And yes I agree, if parts are sold for plats, why not just buy the main frame/weap directly?

Edited by wkfire

Considering what has been done to the infected in terms of ABILITY mod drops, I think ability mods for warframes should either be added to the market. I can't speak for all infected everywhere, but I know Jupiters Io mission took a HUGE hit, the infected there now drop a whole assortment of different mods, and these new yellow glowing gears that are salvage or circuits, effectively reducing the amount of ability mods dropped by a S#&$ ton. I know there are people out there who sold their ability mods by mistake, or fused them by mistake and it took them nearly forever to farm before pre-patch including my self, and now with this I feel bad for anyone who has to farm 4 ability mods for a new warframe with the way the infected are in Io right now.

Edited by Ecchi

I honestly feel like ability mods shouldn't drop at all, to avoid that kind of thing happening. Just make them unsellable and make special cards to fuse with them, kind of like Fusion Cores.

@wkfire: Because some people either don't have to money to buy Warframes as a set, or don't want to spend that much money on a single warframe. It's a psychological thing. By making the separate parts available, players feel like they have control over how much they spend (since they can spend money to cover the rest of their grinding), and most people who feel that way usually end up spending more. It also helps to avoid players who grind a lot for one part, have terrible luck, and quit out of frustration, and you get better player satisfaction in general.

It bridges a psychological gap - There are people who don't want to spend that much for a warframe, but hate grinding at the same time. Usually they'll grit their teeth and grind and spend nothing, but an option like this could spur some of them to just buy that last part that they need.

Now I wouldn't say that something like this could have disadvantages. Players who might otherwise just buy the entire warframe might instead be inclined to grind a bit and buy the rest. The ultimate question is whether or not profit for the game will increase or decrease with the influx of players purchasing blueprint parts, and the lowered spending of players who otherwise wouldn't grind at all.

So it really depends, I guess. Pretty much just a suggestion for consideration; I want Warframe to be successful, and a successful cash shop will help with that.

@Issence: Post wasn't really about me specifically, though I'd admittedly be incentivised to spend more on Platinum. May I ask why it is a no?