The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Molecular Prime 2.0 [No Press 4 To Win]

notionphil

The signature of MP is blowing up large groups of enemies after dealing damage to them IMO.Chaining is simply an automatic, mindless way of blowing up large groups. I'm suggesting we switch that to a manual method - one big explosion, which if selected well, will still blow up a large group.

Players select targets quite well when it benefits them enough, and the effect is clear enough -  EG: Sonar, not mind control.

If you know that shooting the 'correct' Primed target will mean you wipe the entire group you're engaging get credit for an AoE explosion, you'll do it.

Except Sonar is a huge glowy spot that tells you where to aim meaning you don't even need to think about target selection. And even then I've seen people not shooting the glowy spot.

(Also it'd be really weak against Corpus, who're mostly shields)

Edited by Kyte

Except Sonar is a huge glowy spot that tells you where to aim meaning you don't even need to think about target selection. Many don't even know which enemies have more HP (for example, a Oxium osprey is a better target than a Tech). And even then I've seen people not shooting the glowy spot.

(Also it'd be really weak against Corpus, who're mostly shields)

1) MP is among the most visible/recognizable of effects as it causes enemies to move slowly, glow and radiate circle thingies.

2) The fact that some/many players may use MP incorrectly (not target select well), and thus not benefit as much from its effect is intended.

Changing the entire party's single target damage to a wide AoE is incredibly powerful (even at high levels). To reap that benefit, MP should require some degree of player awareness, perception and or skill.

3) Right now, every player gets maximum benefit from MP simply by doing exactly what they were before - shooting at any enemy. I am trying to change that.

4) "damage dealt" to a target can simply be modified to include their shield damage. no problem.

Edited by notionphil

Which means it'll only be useful in solo, just like every other skill with nuanced target selection.

Nope...

The skills you're referring to (MC and EV) do not benefit other players at all if they kill the caster's intended (read: incorrect) target.

This version of MP will still benefit a player who kills the 'incorrect' target, just not as much as if they killed the 'correct' target. They still deal 2x damage, and get a 100% HP AoE, even if they pay no attention at all.

So no, it's not only useful with perceptive players or solo. It's just more useful, as intended.