Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So What Happened?

Bionitech

Mods and fusion cores drop less

Blueprints are even rarer than before

Difficulty of endgame missions are higher, but no change in reward

I feel like the effort that I put in, even though I'm an above average gamer, does not yield the desired rewards.

When I do a higher level mission, I get the same mods as I would get if I were to grind Tolstoj. But grinding one place gets boring, but why go anywhere else if you're going to get less if the risks are higher?

I wanna play the game that lets me feel rewarded for doing higher level missions. I'll admit I'm rank 4 but have not gone to the outer systems because the rewards for all that risk and increased difficulty doesn't feel worth it. Sure, I can keep farming lower level areas, but the problem is that I want to be challenged and also to be rewarded for tackling that challenge. I don't want to risk powering through Pluto for mods that I can find soloing in the first few planets.

I sound like I'm regurgitating the same thing that other players are complaining about. But maybe that's because it does feel like an issue. Maybe changing the mission difficulty and adjusting loot drops isn't enough.

I don't know what'll change it, but what I do know is that I knew where I wanted to find the higher end mods pre-update 7, and tried to power my way through, I knew that some of those rare mods in the outer systems felt worth it. What all this feels is a lot like backtracking into even more grueling grinds for the same results.

Edited by Bionitech

I think the game could do with a better reward gradation over increasingly difficult areas.

Currently it feels like you are either in a non rewarding area where you get common mods and meagre credits (anywhere level 28 or below), or you are in a high level area, where you get rare mods sometimes and meagre credits.

The game would be more satisfying if the rewards for completing harder areas where more tangible.

The game would most definitely benefit from a reward scaling. It gives casual players a goal and the small percentage of power gamers additional goals to accomplish. Maybe have the missions intelligently challenge the stronger players as well and then have a worthwhile payoff.

Lack of payoff is not fun, especially when working for the stuff you had a hard time acquiring before is even harder now.

Blueprints drop less? Are you sure? If So that really disappoints me. The grind for credits, resources, purchasing the blueprints and close to 4 day build time for WFs, (12-24hrs for weapons) is enough without constantly grinding the boss in hopes he drops the prints you actually need.