Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did I Just Get Invaded, Dark Souls Style!?

Ponts

Hey Warframians,

I just had a very curious thing happen to me, and so I bring it now to the forums!

I was just entering Isthar/Venus when I started getting what seemed to be npc messages like the ones you get when a boss hurls insults at you. I thought that was a bit odd because I had just started the level so I stopped and looked around for a second. Then I got another one so I started really looking around. Then, in the corner, I saw a dark warframe (it was black and kinda oily looking and almost seemed to be smoking) spawn on it's knee's, then get up (just like going from the galaxy menu to the arsenal). The warframe (an exaliber) then dash slashed me and opened fired with what looked like a Braton. Then finished me off with a melee attack and I got the screen asking me if I wanted to revive or forfiet.

I know, I know, SS or it didn't happen. I wish i'd had fraps running or something, haha. Anyone ever had this happen to them? Is it a random npc that acts like a player? Is it part of the mission (I went back a few times but never got in at the start of the mission)? What just happened to me?! haha.

Thanks for any info

Ponts

I love stalkers... I think they need a buff though. I was killed by the first one I ever saw and then never again. Now I get super excited when there's one lurking around and just get bloodthirsty because I know I can beat him without much trouble. (There are other more common enemies that are harder than stalker). I do love the stalker but I wish it was a tougher, more epic battle.

Stalkers were tough as hell...

I got ganked twice consecutively by one that just teleport-instant-killed-me before I could react to him arriving.

That was before the shield/hp level scaling though. Having 75/75 made melee hits outright destroy you immediately once you took one.